Winter weather predictions...

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by dlangland, Sep 13, 2005.

1. dlangland

dlangland dlangland

Has anyone with more time to watch the Weather Channel or read the Farmer's Almanac than myself? What is anyone predicting for this winter? I still haven't subscribed to a newpaper since I moved. Wanting to know if I need my dad to bring my tractor from South Dakota, or if I can hopefully cope with just my snowblower. Starting to wonder with all the freaky storms we have had recently. Thank you.

2. Cheryl in SD

Cheryl in SD Living in the Hills Supporter

I picked up the Old Farmer's Almanac yesterday. Western SD is supposed to be above normal temps, and below normal moisture.... AGAIN.

Where are you? I can look to see tomorrow.
    Cheryl

3. Cindy in NY

Cindy in NY Well-Known Member Supporter

Read in the paper that the NE was supposed to be colder than normal with higher than normal snow amounts. Haven't gotten my copy of the Almanac yet to find out specifics for this area. However, they really blew it with their predictions for this past summer so not sure how much I can believe them!

4. MelissaW

MelissaW Well-Known Member

I tend to go by the birds. The hummingbirds are still out in full force, which makes me suspect that it might be a warm fall and late frost in my area. If you go my the bill the propane man hands you, then I'd say it's going to be a long, cold, expensive winter!

5. vegascowgirl

vegascowgirl Try Me

6. farmmaid

farmmaid Well-Known Member Supporter

Old time farmers say: Hot, dry summer...cold, wet winter...Joan

7. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Well-Known Member

Well, with fuel prices going up; I am going to predict a long, cold winter for more of the country than usual. :stars: Murphy's Law at it's best. :p