Winter project/hobby

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Farmerwilly2, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Farmerwilly2

Farmerwilly2 Well-Known Member

Started a new project last night. Had been down in the holler cutting up an old downed maple and cut a chunk out to start making the Mrs. a long promised dough bowl. Fingers crossed it turns out, first one I've tried. If not, I'll cut me out another chunk and give it another go.

2. omnicat

omnicat Well-Known Member

Very cool. I love wooden bowls. I have a "gnarl" that was cut off a tree. Perfect for making a bowl out of...but the cats have comendeered it as a scratching stump. I figure when the finish scratching off all the bark and get tired of it - I'll start making it into a bowl. It keeps them form scratchin on other things!

*sigh*...but it's been some years now, and they don't seem to want to give it up! lol.

3. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

What shape will the dough bowl be? I have a very large, long, 14" wide dough bowl. It has been really used and has a metal 'repair' on one bottom 'edges'. Please post pictures --from start to finish..
    My winter project is to get several quilts made. Mine are starting to show wear and I just can't stand any blanket except a quilt...
    Thanks Queen Bee

4. via media

via media Tub-thumper

Yes, please post pictures of your project along the way!

Good luck :dance:

/VM