Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must be the most fanatical one day poster in here EVER. I am losing my mind with cabin fever. Checked my email about every 3 minutes. Not interested in TV and way too speedy to read.

I'm about half an hour away from doing that funny Daffy Duck bounce and ping pong across walls. I can even hear that funny, crazed, hooting sound he makes playing over and over in my mind.

Alphabetized my seed packets. Yep that's right alphabetized!!! Already drawn up super anal meticulous garden planting diagrams so as not to have any erasure marks or cross offs. I won't even get started on the insnaely manic/erratic other things I have done to amuse myself.

I don't hate winter by an means. Don't mind the bitter cold or muddy muck. I even enjoy some of the gloom because it gives me an excuse to slow down (oh, who am I kidding?). I like relaxing in jammies under a blanket on a drizzly, sleety or icy funk type of day. Nothing like it in the world.

I managed to skip the blues and haven't been trollish unless you consider the hormones :)

Mostly I just miss those days of fresh air and sunshine on my face. I miss sitting outside and watching may animals for hours on end. I miss the myriad of green shades as they peek through and finally fill in the skeleton of our tree line. I miss the first seedlings of my garden and the sheer excitement of it all. I miss springy lambs, nothing makes me giggle more. I miss my homestead projects sooooo much.

It's like waiting for Christmas but worse.

I know, I know. Give me a week of spring work and I'll be grumbling about weeds, a sore back, rough hands and bugs.

*sigh* the life of a homesteader planted in rural nowhere.

edited to add: wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I am notoriously bad for flaky communication.

Didn't plan to linger. Started lurking....told myself I would make JUST 1 well thought out post. Then I convinced myself I would be reserved and self moderated.

So...here I am hopelessly addicted to all things homestead related and the fine folks here who tolerate me. It seems my sanity break from here was only marginally effective, if at all.

*sigh*

We need a self help forum for people who go through HT withdrawals. I'm not kidding, I just feel sick if I can't check in. I don't drink, smoke, gamble or do drugs. I guess I need something to rationalize about anyway.

edited to add: Oh boy is my face red, you meant HER cabin fever. Derrrr.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts