Window Cleaning...

Discussion in 'Cleaning and Organizing' started by sisterpine, Jul 13, 2017.

1. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

How often do you clean the windows of your home. The insides of mine do not get very grimy as I have no small children and no smokers indoors. On the other hand the outsides get dirty often and prevent me from having a good view of the beautiful birds etc. I recent paid a small fortune to have replacement screens made for several of my large windows and had the insides and outsides cleaned for the first time in the three years we have lived at the farm full time. Since a couple of the windows are important to me I just purchased a large squeegee and washer thing that can go on an extended pole (windows are high on the outside), hopefully that will help.

2. Forcast

Forcast Well-Known Member

I put plastic over my windows inside and out last winter. So i cleaned them then. Only took plastic of 2 windows this spring for air flow.

3. Forcast

Guess i hosed off the outsides once in spring

4. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

Wow, do you have any other way of moving the air around in your home? Fans maybe I think WV gets pretty hot and sticky.

5. alida

alida Well-Known Member Supporter

I've lived in apartments for a lot of my life, but the one I live in now is the first one to have a balcony which gives me access to all the windows. No more waiting for the window cleaning crew to come around. I do the outsides at least four times a year, sometimes more when there's a lot of construction going on in the neighbourhood. My view is a real city one, which isn't everyone's cup of tea, but at least I'm looking at it through clean windows! Growing up we washed the outside windows of our house twice a year for sure, usually when the storm windows went up, and then when they were removed in the spring and maybe once again in the summer if there was a need.

6. Forcast

I keep the house dark to help keep heat out. Instead of running the whole house ac i have ac in my bedroom window. My second floor gets hot so i have a fan at one end and open first floor window on the other end of the house. That has been doing a real good job of keeping the house cool. Abd if im too hot to sleep i kick on that ac. Trying to save money.