Windmill

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by someday, Dec 24, 2003.

1. someday

someday Member

A few months ago as a guest I asked for and received advice on how to put up an Aeromotor windmill. Again thanks. This is the best gift I ever could have gotten for my dad and we both love to see it working everyday! Merry Christmas everyone. How do I post a picture of it to show everyone?

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Picture instructions are at the first 'sticky' in the computer forum at the bottom of the list of forums.

3. Don Armstrong

Don Armstrong In Remembrance

No, they're not. Unfortunately Case elected to withdraw his helpful instructions, Karen's working on a replacement. Meanwhile, someone asked a question in that forum recently and I gave them instructions which apparently were "good enough" - they got it done.

4. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

Windmills do have a certain allure. I lusted after mine for over 20 years. It was on land purchased by one sister/B-i-L, who traded it to another set for an old motorcycle. One day Barb e-mailed me to come get it and I made the trip between TN and FL to pick it up. An Aeromotor which needed work. Found a place in Memphis to overhaul it for me. I was able to put up the frame, but couldn't figure out how to mount the head. Just then a tree trimming company asked to use part of my yard area for parking while they trimmed lines in the area. They were more than happy to put it in place for me in return.

I call it my pasture ornament.

Ken S. in WC TN

5. bulldinkie

bulldinkie Well-Known Member

we got an ad from Lancaster farmer some amish men ask you what you want come put it in.My husband was gonna put christmas lights up the legs.He got half way up came back downtoooo high. I love mine I catch myself looking at it all the time.We drilled a well for now its running in pond.