will this hurt my rabbits?

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Revmullins, Jun 25, 2004.

how many think this is ok?

1. yes

2. no

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Revmullins

Revmullins New Member

we are raiseing a garden, and we have rabbits, our corn has started to grow it is about 1 foot tall and we found out our rabbits love the green leaves from this .....will this hurt them?????????????????

2. John_in_Houston

John_in_Houston Well-Known Member

Only if Mr. McGregor catches him!

http://wiredforbooks.org/kids/beatrix/p4.htm

3. Revmullins

Revmullins New Member

4. John_in_Houston

John_in_Houston Well-Known Member

Everything in moderation though.

People who know much more about rabbits than I do have said that too much green stuff will give them the runs.

5. shaneymc

shaneymc Well-Known Member

as a sole food source, corn leaves do not have enough nutritive value to sustain rabbits. as something added to a more complete diet, no problem.

6. ushillbillies

ushillbillies Member

Hello-- We raise rabbits and we give them a "green treat" daily. I think it is super and I'm sure they do as well. :D We started out just giving them a small amount and a little more the next day and a little more the next day....We have never had any problems with the runs. Our bunnies get straw about every other day. The rabbits do a great job of eating what we cannot of the herb garden. Peppermint, spearmint, cilantro, raspberry leaves, broccoli stems, they love it all! Of course, the first time they try something new I like to start out with a small portion--just to be safe. In fact, you can search the web for lists of good and bad rabbit food. This is a great site with lots of information. Supplement List and Rabbit Info It will definitely improve your popularity among your bunnies! :haha: We can hardly get into the cages, they get so excited! I say go for it! It will even cut back a little on feed costs. Good Luck! --Bobbie