Will , Long Running Scripts Be Identifable In Task Manager ?

Discussion in 'Computer Questions' started by fordy, Nov 24, 2017.

1. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

.........Awhile back my computer would just stop working and I couldn't identify the cause ! This happened around 11:30 AM , later I discovered Webroot would automatically initiate a system scan which took around 11 minutes . I also had a similar lockup when AdBlock would up date itself !
    .........These problems have pretty much gone away and I have no idea why ! But , My question , IS......If a long running script has made my computer unavailable for my normal daily surfing , can I , look in Task manager and identify a specific program which I can shutdown ? And , what program NAME should I look for to identify such activity ? , Thanks , fordy

2. Nevada

Nevada Voice of Reason Supporter

Look in the Processes tab for a process that's using a lot of CPU resources. Once you identify the culprit, Google for high cpu usage for that process and see what kind of advice you find.

Chris and fordy like this.

3. HermitJohn

HermitJohn Well-Known Member

I wonder, seems strange a browser extension like AdBlock would do this. I have multiple browser extensions and some occasionally get annoying by congratulating me on them updating themselves and pop up this on a new tab that I really dont want to see. Its kinda like, look daddy, I went potty all by myself yet again. Seriously kid I dont need to know this. But they always do actual update in background with no hassles otherwise and no freezes.