Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Shepherd
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to increase my personal enjoyment of my land by putting down some wildflower seed, but I don't want to introduce any plants that are harmful for livestock.
Does anybody know of a ready mix (for the Northeast) that has no toxic plants included?

·
Registered
57 Posts
minnikin1 said:
I'd like to increase my personal enjoyment of my land by putting down some wildflower seed, but I don't want to introduce any plants that are harmful for livestock.
Does anybody know of a ready mix (for the Northeast) that has no toxic plants included?
Hi Minnikin1,

You should be able to buy purpose (farming) wildflower seedsmixes. Look for a company that uses local seeds/species. Hear them out, they have to be able to tell what the benefits for the livestock, (grass)land and envirement are! I dont know any american suppliers, but the local farming and or envirement institutions should know them. If not you could try writing this company http://www.biodivers.nl ([email protected]). The seeds they sell should be fine in your climate and they might be able to help find local suppliers.

good luck,

Henk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts