Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cut a bunch of trees on the property,to let light in a couple years ago.Now I have a bunch of Lowbush Blueberries and they are loaded.They are just starting to ripen,now all I have to do is beat the Deer and Turkeys to them :D

Next will be Blackberries :p

big rockpile

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
we have other property that has wild blueberries... maybe I oughta take a drive... I cant imagine them being called lowbush though...they are waist high and higher...

we missed them last year... manana

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
caroline you sure their not Huckleberries ? They are about that tall but have a big seed.The Blueberries are only knee high and have very small seeds.

Plus the Blueberries grow in big thick patches and Huckleberries are more scatered.

big rockpile

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
maybe they are... maybe they are waist high to me and knee high to my husband? I think that there was almost no seed. WE only got a taste or 2. They were about the third the size of commercial blueberries

I need to go take a drive over there. I thought I was going to get out there today because my son needs a ride to an auto body shop and there is one on that road but he has decided to go the other direction to a different town that has 2 body shops... :(

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The thing about picking them around here I have to pick every 3 days just to keep ahead of the Deer and Turkey.Yesterday I jumped Turkeys out of there,and there was Deer droppings all over.But I do have Wheat and Clover planted close in there.

big rockpile

1 - 5 of 5 Posts