Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
21,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a neighbor that lets just say has never been too nice.Well he has been around the last month,he said he was on Vacation.Well we found out by accident he had lost his Job.

Well I told my wife we should do something to help them out.She is telling me not to worry so much about them because they are doing better than us with Goverment help.

What is your guys thoughts on this?

big rockpile

·
I am a Christian American
2,974 Posts
I think if your heart tells you to make a gesture,do it. Not at the risk of darling wife's anger of course! I know a lot of folks who "appear" to be doing just fine but are not. We do not always know what is really going on or how someone might be suffering in silence for "appearances" sake.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think if he's never been too friendly, and told you he was on vacation, he'd be humiliated to accept any help from you, and to be caught in that lie.
Just treat him as you normally would, as if you didn't know what you know....

Susan

·
Premium Member
4,951 Posts
He's only been out of work for a month? He's probably got unemployment. If his unemployment runs out and he's having a hard time, that's the time to step in and see if he would take some help from you.

He might appreciate a friendly word from you now and then, though.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He's only been out of work for a month? He's probably got unemployment. If his unemployment runs out and he's having a hard time, that's the time to step in and see if he would take some help from you.

He might appreciate a friendly word from you now and then, though.
Your right.He is drawing Unemployment and getting Several hundred Dollars worth of Food Stamps.Plus I know he has in the past went to the Church and gotten help from the Food Pantry,which I give to every month so in a way I am contributing to him.

big rockpile

·
If I need a Shelter
21,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Based on your previous posts, you are going to do what you want. So why ask? :boring:
Well believe it or not L.A. I do use some advice to help me on my decisions from this Forum.

My advise to you if you are so dang bored with reading my Post either just don't read them or put me on your Ignore List.In other words practice the K.I.S.S. method.

Have a Good Day!!

big rockpile

·
Premium Member
5,019 Posts
Rock, I think the best thing you can do is lend a shoulder-perhaps not a hand? Sounds as if he's eating--so perhaps he will need someone to talk to once in awhile? After all, you have us--who does he have?
Sometimes people who arent too nice, just need a outlet once in awhile?

·
Premium Member
4,055 Posts
If you see that they are struggling and you feel moved to help (sharing some fish, or venison), do so. It might be a chance to build a better relationship.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I think I would just say, "if you need some help, please let me know"- even for people that it bothers, (to hear it) I'm sure he would know you are sincere.

·
Premium Member
2,296 Posts
Well believe it or not L.A. I do use some advice to help me on my decisions from this Forum.

My advise to you if you are so dang bored with reading my Post either just don't read them or put me on your Ignore List.In other words practice the K.I.S.S. method.

Have a Good Day!!

big rockpile
Sorry, was just kidd'n with ya.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts