Wife Lost A Client

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by big rockpile, Dec 5, 2006.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

One of the wifes Clients was found dead yesterday.I kind of felt sorry for him.The Doctors would rush him through,not really listen to him as to what was going on,because he was on Medicade.

Then his Daughter was moving into a Big house.He asked about moving in with her.She wouldn't hear of it.

Well he was suppose to have a couple of Doctors appointments,so the wife didn't have to go over there.Then they were canceled,because of the weather.So there was no need to go by his place.

Well his Son went over there found him dead on the floor.

I don't know seems from what my wife told me.Nobody really cared about this man.Another thing he was a year younger than me. :help:

big rockpile

2. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

That is A sad thing, That his own kids could have cared less. I bet there calling the lawyers to see who gets what though. That is if there was anything.

3. MorrisonCorner

MorrisonCorner Mansfield, VT for 200 yrs

Ahem... your wife didn't find him, his son did... so someone in his family was checking up on him and keeping an eye out. Don't judge one family's dynamics by your own. This family may have been less demostrative than yours, that doesn't mean they don't care about each other. The daughter may have recognized that her father living in her house would have wreaked havoc on her only family, or diminished Dad's independance, or put Dad in a place where he knew nobody and had nothing to do.

If I drop dead I guarantee there will be lawyers crawling all over everything... we have no wills. It is going to be a lawyer's dream. And then neighbors will say "isn't that sad... they never visited...." without having a clue as to whether WE thought it was "sad" or not.l

Poo. You make your own way. If daughter ignored Dad as an old man maybe it is because as a young one Dad was a right bear to have to put up with. Maybe you've got it all wrong.

4. tiogacounty

tiogacounty Well-Known Member

How kind of you to blame doctors for providing inadequate care. then making the statement that they deliberately gave him this unacceptable care because of his financial situation. Groundless and amazing.

5. suzfromWi

suzfromWi Well-Known Member Supporter

Ok Ok , dont jump all over him. He was just voicing an opinion. Maybe they knew the circumstances because the dead man was his wifes client.. Cripes some of you just cant wait to jump on someone...Give it a rest. Rockpile, its sad no matter what the circumstances.

6. Spotted Crow

Spotted Crow Well-Known Member

I don't care if he was Genghis Khan mixed with Adolph Hitler...He obviously needed someone to check up on him everyday...How would anyone else like to be found stone dead on the floor and decomposing by the time anyone found you...
    My mother was!
    I'm rather annoyed with the daughter, that she couldn't find one room to put him in...

7. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

Personally I feel it is sad whenever any animal- be it human or 4 legged is left to suffers a lonely death. None of us knows the story here, besides that little bit that BR told us. I am willing to bet there is lots more to it. BR's wife thought he got a lesser quality of care due to medicare- she certainly is closer to the subject than I so I will suspect she knows more about it than I as well. As a species humans are very quick to blame others, like the sister and the docs and the teachers etc. this is unfortunate but true some of the time. There are also others who do not do this and they also have a point of view worth listening too. How hard would it be to keep an open mind on some of these posts...I wonder. Sis

8. FiddleKat

FiddleKat Mother,Artist, Author Supporter

Big Rockpile sorry to hear about your wife's client.

I think we all need to remember one thing, that someone has passed away. My condolences to the family!!

But I do agree with Morrison Corner on one thing, we really don't know the whole picture.
    My dad is almost 71, in good health and wanted to live with me, DH and DD. I didn't want him to because one, he's capable of living on his own, and two Im trying to live my life as an indepedent person myself with my own family. Although he visits us everyday and we go over his house frequently. He also lives only two minutes away from us and I know his schedule pretty well. He is also very happy now that he has his own pad!

As far as Medicade goes, my DD is on government medical assistance and we have just the opposite. Sometimes durable medical equipment companies are trying to get us to get equipment we don't need because they know the gov. is picking up the tab. And I have to put my foot down with them and say no. We're thankful for the help considering DD's needs, but I won't take advantage of it either.

9. crafty2002

crafty2002 Well-Known Member

The sad thing is the dad is one that brought the kids up to care less. You get out of a child, what you put into them.
    If you put a lot into them, you receive it all back with interest.
    If you don't put much in, you pay interest.
    They are your children. Raise them as you see fit. If you aren't there for the scapes and bruses, don't expect themk to be there for you either.
    It may sound harsh, but a loving parent raises a loveing child.
    Sounds like it wasn't a happy family, and yes, They should be there digging for what they can get, that they didn't get when they were children in need of love and nurturing.???????? on the spelling.
    JMHO
    dennis

10. teresab

teresab Well-Known Member

As far as the medical profession goes...too many people aren't specific enough when they see their doctor as to what the problem is. They say things like "I don't feel good" or "I have an ache". I have worked with doctors and my daughter is an RN. The best thing you can do is BE SPECIFIC. If you don't feel good then WHERE do you not feel good, how long have you not felt good,is there pain involved,have you taken any OTC meds for it and if so did they help. People need to be responsible for their own care and if you feel you aren't being listened too by your doctor then find another one or if it is real important go to the ER. My daughter is an ER nurse but for her to get help going she needs to know what is really going on...and if you make your point and she feels it is necessary there will be a doctor in to see you pronto. SPEAK up for yourselves people.
    I will now get off my soapbox!!!

11. suzfromWi

suzfromWi Well-Known Member Supporter

I don,t understand how you got all that out of ROckpiles short post. Just because the women didnt want him to live with her doesnt mean she didnt care about him. Also, someone might have been to see him the very day before he died. We dont know any different. Lets not assume what we do not know here. A man has died, His son found him. Thats saying that the son was goiing to see him. I for one hope his family is not suffering. His suffering is over.

12. ceresone

ceresone Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, i know the whole picture on this one-(Rock's right) my sis is 83, on medicare and medicade. she fell and broke her ankle at midnight--emergency room set it-sent her home-she lives alone-few hours later-back to hospital-another dr decided it wasnt right-reset it- sent her to extended care-AND THE DR DIDNT SEE HER FOR 3 WEEKS! yesterday, they rushed her to spf. drs there say her ankle is dislocated, shattered, never set correctly, she has to go to columbia for extensive work to see if they can save her leg! probably be 6 months--you think if she'd had mega bucks it would have been different? i think so- old--and on medicade? just another nuisance--

13. ecbreed

ecbreed Well-Known Member

Please remember that not all MD's are like that. I run the office for a MD, and the vast majority of our clientelle is elderly (medicare/medicaid). I know that we go out of our way to help our patients. Wether it be giving them samples, fighting with insurance companies, finding financial assistance for those who can't afford meds. I personally spent 3 1/2 hours on the phone for one particular patient to try to get syringes and needles covered, because nobody wanted to pay for them, and he couldn't afford them. Did I have to? NO, but I did it anyway. I have picked up/ arrainged rides for/ dropped off things to patients.

14. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

I think we all have a tendency to project our own life experience on to situations. People read into the story what they know. The thread about the hungry high school boy shows that very clearly, as does this thread now.

It is sad that the man died alone; it is hard when it's your patient. It's also hard when you think that folks your age are starting to move along past this world...

Pony!

15. big rockpile

Well the Guy was 52.He was on Dialysis which he was having problems with,he would set there telling what problems he was having,but they weren't listening.

His Daughter was moving into a 4 Bedroom House with her child,so she had plenty room.She really didn't tell him no,but she did keep just brushing him off.

He didn't have people checking on him for a few days because he had people that were suppose to but they cancelled out because the weather turned off bad.

I know how Doctors could be I had a Doctor just on his own,New and all.He misdiagnosed me,then I had him for my regular Doctor.I told him that he was going to have to stop and listen to what is going on.Well he took my advice and we was good friends.Now he done left and moved to Kansas,lucky them.

As far as Goverment taking care of things.I was going through Rehabe.Got half way through,it was starting to help.They give me the boot because that was all Goverment would pay for.

Now my wife does have a Client I feel sorry for her Kids.they are trying,but the woman don't remember one minute to the next,plus she has Sundowners.She has had her Daughter locked in Jail.So her daughter is scared to be around her for fear of being locked up again.

I know I wouldn't want my wifes Job,because so many die on her.Plus she is basicaly living with them.Try as you might you still get involved with the whole family.Plus the people become very attached to her.As matter fact she had a former Client call her last night saying that she heard this Guy died asking if my wife would please come back to her.My wife left her because she was too possessive.

Oh well not wanting to start something here.The guy is in a much better place.

big rockpile

16. the mama

the mama loves all critters Supporter

That says it all.... if he missed dialysis because of the weather. Toxins built up and then coma, death. I've seen it happen on Christmas day when snowing in florida (1988)and the dialysis centers had to have emergency backups due to transportation problems. So sorry about your loss. As a nurse I've seen people live when odds were agaist them, and others just stop breathing for no cause. When your number is up, thats it. Hindsight is 20/20. Please BR don't neglect to raise the head of your bed as directed. My first love died last Sunday due to aspiration (reflux from stomach went into lungs), he was only 46. Our son is 21. We will miss him.

17. big rockpile

Thanks I keep my Head elevated.But truth I really never thought about this killing me.

big rockpile