Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1.how much of a deer do you clean up?
2. when hunting are you mostly legal, 100%-90%-50%,outlaw completely.
3. i know a couple of poachers that named their son hunter,,why not poacher,spotlighter,...

·
Premium Member
1,336 Posts
Gosh, I thought that there is only one way to clean up a deer, and that's to use everything without a bit going to waste?

I'm a avid member of Wisconsin Bowhunters, and you get kicked out for any game violation, so why would I risk that? It's my passion.

Repect for the game animals. as well as the laws is a no brainer, in my opinion.

brownegg

·
Banned
1,354 Posts
1.how much of a deer do you clean up?
2. when hunting are you mostly legal, 100%-90%-50%,outlaw completely.
3. i know a couple of poachers that named their son hunter,,why not poacher,spotlighter,...
1. every bit of usable meat between the knees up and the head down.

2. I don't buy a hunting license anymore because I only hunt my own land. If it's cold enough for the bugs to be off 'em, it's close enough to hunting season for me. Deer don't have calendars.

3. How should we know? Ask the poachers you know.

·
Premium Member
1,566 Posts
We use 100% of the deer. What we don't use for human consumption goes to the dogs, including feet and heads. Oh, not quite 100% as the hides usually get donated to the local sportsmen's club.

We are 100% legal. And if I knew someone who was poaching I'd turn them in.
I believe that wildlife conservation works, but only as long as we all abide by the rules.

Can't answer question #3.

·
Volvo With a Gun Rack
2,566 Posts
1. All of it that's edible (to a 21st century human, that is!)
2. 100% legal
3. Ask them...

·
Premium Member
1,880 Posts
If things smell bad... it's usually cuz they are???

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Back when I started hunting,around here,still hunting from a treestand or blind was unheard of. The woods were so thick you couldnt see ten feet away. Everyone that deer hunted, hunted with dogs.The hunters would take a stand around a piece of woods and one would turn the dogs loose and they would run the deer out and hopefully someone around that woods would get a shot and the deer.There was not very many deer back then and when one was killed it was divided among ever how many hunters were there. I remember getting my part and times that part was smaller than my hand.The deer was not wasted. The only parts thrown away was the hide,the head just behind the ears forward,legs from the knees down,everything inside except if someone liked the heart,but the other innards was dog feed. Today when I kill one,its pretty much the same except I cut the neck off about half way. Eddie Buck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts