Why the Gov does not want to use bird flu vaccine on poultry

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by jnap31, Apr 20, 2006.

1. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

2. rannie

rannie Well-Known Member

i read the article what a stink there will be if they compose the dead birds in one of those chicken houses with 1000's of birds. The bird flu is scary but i wonder just how it should be handled. Rannie

3. Lindafisk

Lindafisk Well-Known Member

That makes NO sense to me! If they can still carry it then why would it be used that closely? ---"Vaccines could be used in flocks surrounding the area of an outbreak, he said." Maybe I just don't get it....to me, surrounding the area would be close/near and if the birds can still carry the disease then that doesn't make any sense. I have a headache now. :baby04:

4. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

Dont try to figure any of it out the result will only be frustration and a headache just take some meds like all the rest of the good sheeple and relax your gubermint knows what is best for you. LOL

5. Randy Rooster

Randy Rooster Well-Known Member Supporter

If it is being carrried by wild birds, how is killing thousands or millions of farm animals going to stop its spread?

I dont get it.

6. BobK

BobK Well-Known Member

...its a problem because many of the outbreaks around the world are linked to movement of domestic poultry....both legal and illegal........