Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Reluctant Adult
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forty-four years ago today, this happened on the beach nearest my home:

[YOUTUBE]xBgThvB_IDQ?[/YOUTUBE]

Any event that prompts a newscaster to utter the words, "The blast blasted blubber beyond all believable bounds," is aces in my book. I'll be giggling all night!!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Obviously they just needed like about 5 times more dynamite! LOLOL They should have called in dynamite expert "Sir Willie Coyote" the world famous explosives expert. I'm sure he could have liquidfied that gelatinous mass of sea beast!

·
Super Moderator
16,682 Posts
Oh, I HEARD about that!

As one wit said, for some reasons they thought that the local sea gulls would do a better job of eating up the multi-tonned whale if they just blew it into bite size pieces for them!

Though seagulls have never wanted humans to cut their food up for them before.

·
Reluctant Adult
8,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, Bret. I see what you and Karl did there. I'm a bit thick, plus... making puns just felt a little, umm, un-SEA-mly…

Still, I expect everyone present at that grand, misguided caper had a krill a minute -- a real whale of a good time! But obviously there wasn&#8217;t any porpoise in it. <snerk>

·
Premium Member
6,079 Posts
What a wonderfully wacky and wily way to withdraw a whopper of wasting away whale from the waterfront while worried witnesses watch.

Sorry, but I just had to. :facepalm:

TRellis
Let's see that in your best Barbara Walter's.

Sorry Raeven, it just weeps out of me like aged whale blubber. Just short of nautical behavior. Life and death is a beach.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Heard immediately after the blast.... "Holly blastoff Batman, was that a blowhole that just blew past the Batmobile or a barnacle encrusted bunch of blubber? No Robin, believe it or not blubber bounces better when blown apart at unbelievable blast speeds than blowholes blow. The behaviour of bunches of barnacles launched at blast speeds has been known to blow right through brick barriers, beach barricades, and bunkers. Keep your bat utility belt handy Robin, as the blowback from the beached behemoth is likely to be belched forth from the bowels of said beached Beast".....:cool:

·
Registered
863 Posts
Let's see that in your best Barbara Walter's.
Well.....

Believe it or not she was my muse. While writing that tongue-twisting sentence I was trying to figure out what would be the worst sentence in the world for her to say.

TRellis

·
Conscientious Disrupter
4,246 Posts
Yeah, shades of Baba Wawa from SNL fame. Funny. First thing I thought of when I saw all the w's was Madeline Kahn's character in Blazing Saddles.
All you alliterationists better be careful, though. I did that in the banning thread and I got called a dinosaur.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts