Homesteading Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Well the N.C dept of prisons is trying to "bribe" inmates into taking it. Offering to give them extra visitation privileges?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I don't need a valid reason for refusing the vaccine, rather like the 50% of nursing home employees that know the risks, but still refuse !
"It's okay if you just hate Bill gates, but at least have a valid reason instead of parroting some nonsense someone put on Facebook."

At least quote what I said instead of answering something I didn't say. No one said anything about needing a reason for not getting the vaccine. And you're right, you don't need a valid reason for doing anything in life. I just find it more logical than doing things without a valid reason. To each his own. I just said if you hate Bill Gates, you should at least have a valid reason for it, not because you believe some nonsense you read about him wanting to depopulate the earth by killing people with experimental vaccines.

·
Registered
61 Posts
^^^Triggered much ?
I'm far past the point of being bothered by things random people post on the internet. I'm glad you used the phrase "triggered" though. The easiest way to tell if you shouldn't bother trying to discuss something with someone is if they use "triggered", "social justice", "woke", or call you anything ending in "ist". Those phrases are generally used when a person runs out of anything valid to make their point, and now they are switching to personal attacks because logic failed them.

·
Registered
10,077 Posts
I'm glad to be at the end of the line. My main question that there are no actual answers for, is if you test positive for the antibodies is there a reason for taking it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in an essential business (manage a tire and auto repair shop), and I've been exposed since day one with no way to control who is coming or going. I've not had a single Covid related day off. The first 2 weeks of the pandemic the state advised us that masks were not effective (except the N95 that were being reserved for medical personnel). My point is that without antibody testing I may be risking reaction to the vaccine for no reason. It just feels like this is all being rushed, and I'd love to see more research and thought before we expose everyone to the vaccine.

Each case is different, and I have no problem with those who feel comfortable with the vaccine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thank goodness for body autonomy! I'll honor your choice if you honor mine. I personally am not interested in taking a liability free pharma product. Drugs kill.

If you haven't heard of them you should check out The Highwire with Del Bigtree, Informed Consent Action Network, and Children's Health Defense.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Last week, after hearing that our gov. was allowing people over 70 to get vaccine beginning Jan 18 and learning that pharmacies were giving it I called for appointments and was told that I'd be notified. Then we called friends and told them to register as well. THIS MORNING we got texts saying that they (the friends) had appointments!!!!!! I called and asked what the heck was going on, and the lady put us down for shots next Tuesday. Other friends called yesterday to tell us that none of the three pharmacies in this county were taking any more appointments.

·
Registered
11,251 Posts
I too live in NW GA and I'm not getting the shot.

Aside from not believing that it's been tested long enough; the time allotment by manufacturers for giving the shot from cold storage to someone's arm and now, with administration change, not having enough to give the needed second shot we have 20 more die in one feel swoop.....

·
Premium Member
24,804 Posts
In Ohio there are estimated to be around 420,000 people over 80. The first round of vaccines for the public is people over 80. Ohio is scheduled to receive only 100,000 doses for the public. But they won't have those who want it in the first group vaccinated before scheduling the next several groups. This whole thing is becoming a distribution nightmare, especially for those who want the vaccine but don't have someone to help them navigate the registration process.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts