Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I babysat my nephews today..3 boys ages 6,7,& the perpetual neighbor kid 8. + 2 dogs.

Why did you lock your brother outside?
Who left the hose on?
Why is the dog eating your lunch?
Why is there glass on the floor? Asked to the 6 year old who is holding a plastic baseball bat.
Why is C3PO hanging from the ceiling by a rope? Above the broken glass and next to a broken light bulb.
We couldn’t find the remote control to turn the TV on channel 3 for video games.
2 of them stepped in dog poop.
How did cookies get in the washing machine?
They have 30 Monarch butterfly cocoons in an aquarium and they all started hatching yesterday and today…was really cool watching them and releasing them… till today’s butterfly # 9 then it wasn’t as cool.
I learned dogs will try to eat butterflies.
When the 7 year old was pretending to be a cocoon.. rolled up in a blanket (I thought that was a safe activity) Wrong.. The 6 year old threw a toy at his feet.. Wrong end, got him in the head.
One caterpillar escaped and made its cocoon on the rung of the time out chair in the corner. So sitting in the corner as punishment is out till it hatches.
I think I'm getting old.

~~~Sumer

No kids or butterflies were seriously injured. Only a remote control car that drove itself into the pool.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Oh my word! LOL Sounds like you were sneaking a peek in my house! :)
Things you thought you would never say to your children.....
"Please please please, stop biting the DOG!"
and my favorite....
"STOP SPINNING! Your not getting the cat dizzy. Your getting YOURSELF dizzy." LOL
Take a nap for me too!
God Bless,
Michele

·
Perpetually curious!
2,749 Posts
Hmmmmm......... maybe we will just stick with the two kids instead of going for more! :p

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
One of my favorite things said to a child that makes you think "I actually SAID that???" -
Get your foot out of your sister's mouth.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just have to give all you parent lots of credit here. That was just a typical day. It’s been 15 years since my boys were that age and yes it’s priceless to see the wonderment on a kids face discovering something new, or pretending rocks in a hole in the yard is buried pirate treasure, and how a hug can fix boo-boos.
I think I had forgotten how exhausting it can be.

Michele..."Stop biting the dog" LOL That is a good one!

~~~
Sumer

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
:baby04: :baby04: :baby04: Oh yeah! That's a normal day here too and mine are teens! There are many great mysteries in raising children. Yesterday we took a bunch of rolls of wire out of the barn and inside one of the rolls was a BOOK. How and why it got there we'll never understand but it was one of the kid's books. There used to be a TV show many years ago called "Unsolved Mysteries" or something like that. That sort of mystery happens every day at my house!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts