Why homesteading?

Discussion in 'Home Defense/Guns' started by ihedrick, Jan 3, 2006.

1. ihedrick

ihedrick Can't stop thinkin'

Just wondering how many of the veteran/homesteaders chose to become homesteaders after their military service and/or because of their military service?
    Me; I've always lived the simple things in life, but became more determined after seeing the world. I've come to apprecaite what we have as Americans.

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    My guess (and it is a guess) is that those whom enter the military do it as an alternative because they are not really prepared for the hassels of life; job skills, inadequate educations, no way to support themselves, ect.

The majority of the military is made up of people from less income areas. Not loosers, just less privilaged people. People whom can support themselves via 'homesteading ventures', its easier than competeing with common work day world stuff.

Back in my education days even writeing a check was not taught, I left high school totally uneducated about what it would take to survive. Being the first in the family to exit high school with a diploma was considereed a major advantage back then in my area.