Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 40 of 119 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,536 Posts
There is a lot of food here! We only run short of specific items but can find them at another store. We have never seen lots of empty shelves! The only shortage here was the initial toilette paper one.. As to food? You can get most of what we bought before but it is higher priced!

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Walmart has their own trucks and drivers. Everyone else is dependent on trucking companies, who don't have enough drivers. It hasn't gotten bad yet, just inconvenient. Remember, Brandon has three more years to save us. The question is, how much more of being saved can we stand?

·
Registered
18,686 Posts
Walmart has their own trucks and drivers. Everyone else is dependent on trucking companies, who don't have enough drivers. It hasn't gotten bad yet, just inconvenient. Remember, Brandon has three more years to save us.
I have a contractor whose name is Brandon. He is holding me up big time.

I'm glad everyone is thinking about my job when they ask him to go.

·
Premium Member
6,901 Posts
Costco is out of water and toilet paper again. but it is because their delivery trucks are bogged down in deep snow over the passes.

There are odd things disappearing from the shelves. A couple of weeks ago, i couldn't get unsalted soda crackers and two days ago ther were no soda crackers of any kind or any brand on the shelves. Graham crackers went up 82% in price, but at least there were plenty of graham crackers. There wasn't any frozen broccoli. There haven't been any canned long green chilies for nearly two years.

Pork is still hit and miss depending upon what cut you are hoping to buy. You can always get pork but only if you don't care what cut it is.

Goods still aren't flowing out of the ports in California because there still aren't trucks to carry containers off of the lot. Gosh, they increases hours and manpower at the ports, but California will still only allow brand new trucks belonging to large companies to move goods in California. If they would let some independent operators in there, the goods would start to flow, freeing up parking space so there was room to unload all the ships which are waiting.

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Walmart has their own trucks and drivers. Everyone else is dependent on trucking companies, who don't have enough drivers. It hasn't gotten bad yet, just inconvenient. Remember, Brandon has three more years to save us.
Only partially true Walmart hauls only a small portion of their inbound freight

And they don't haul any of their grocery that's all contracted.

·
STILL not Alice
22,646 Posts
I don't do video "news" stories, because I prefer to read them.

That said, looking at the posts, it is a no-brainer.

EXCEPT that the whole Omicron factor is totally blown out of proportion. The bare shelves have been going on here for a while, and I spoke to managers at the local grocery chains. They each told me it was because no one was working to load the trucks. People are refusing to work, because they are govt subsidized to stay home.

The stores get short loads, 75%, 50%, and the week before Christmas at Richards Bros got only 10%.

Like I said, a no-brainer.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Why grocery store shelves are empty seems to pretty well describe what the link will supposedly be about. And it actually does just that. What is the problem ?

·
The Renegade...
2,880 Posts
It does.
That's why we now have another poster who now always writes 'synopsis' when he posts things from Yahoo. A few months ago this was brought up....

I read from different sites on the web in the AM. If I wanted to read the many posts from Yahoo, lets say, I'd just go there.

General chat and the dark room are getting to be like the site Lucianne.com
Nobody is forcing you to read the posts… The posts are also from many different sources they just happen to be on the Yahoo Homepage.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The rule in the past was that you need to either explain what the link is about or quote some of it. Don't know if that still stands.
One cannot quote a video.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Reactions: Kiamichi Kid

·
Premium Member
30,047 Posts
I had to stop at Meijer twice to get the bread hubby likes. Yesterday I noticed there was very little juice and cheese. Today there were only the big packages of cold cuts and 2 little packs of ham. Fresh produce was well-stocked and everything looked good, not their usual moldy lemons and shriveled mandarins. A few days ago at Kroger the pasta shelves were almost empty except for the Barilla brand. Walmart had just about everything but in very limited quantities.

All 3 stores are between our house and where daughter works. I don't spend all day running from store to store just to check out the merchandise.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
  • Love
Reactions: Danaus29
21 - 40 of 119 Posts