Why does profane words continue to appear here?

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by moopups, Nov 21, 2006.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Yesterday I reported two profane words, why do they continue? The use of 'four letter words' do not impress anybody. This site is read by people as young as age 5; the site is considered to be 'family friendly', 4 letter words are not acceptable on this particular forum, they need to stop being used here.

Anytime you see four letter words simply click on the red edged triangle to the upper right of the post where the question mark exists, there will be a new screen appear. Type in 'profanity', the offending word will be removed.

Four letter words do not give your post strength, nor credence, they display an ignorance, an inability of self control. There is no reason for their use.

While policing this site indicates job security, this is an unpaid position, we are volunteers doing this. Why make our jobs harder, what is to be gained and by who?

2. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

Well put. Thanks, Moopups.

3. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

And furthermore, a polite word can be substituted for any four-letter-word and still get the point across.

Thank you, Moopups for reporting whatever words you found! I cringe sometimes when I imagine my 9-year-old DGS reading those words.

4. Melissa

Melissa member

Yes, we appreciate any reported posts. While I try to read every thread, some days it is impossible!