WHY do you want to lose ?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Forum' started by Miz Mary, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Miz Mary

Miz Mary Well-Known Member Supporter

Sometimes its helpful and it is motivating to remember WHY we are doing this !! If we can get excited about losing again like we did 3 weeks ago, we will have better will power, and wont give up as easily !!!

Diabetes runs in my family.
    My mother was extermely obese.
    I cant run & play without huffing & puffing.
    I want to wear smaller, cuter clothes.
    I dont want to wait until I am 100 + overweight then try to lose !!
    I dont want to jiggle !!!!!

How bout y'all ???

2. Jaclynne

Jaclynne Well-Known Member Supporter

I think reminding ourselves of why is a good idea. So here's why...

1. I'm facing some future female type surgery and I think I'll fair better at optimum weight and health.

2. I'm having a lot of trouble with knee pain since I've had three serious falls and I'm hoping a few pounds off will help ease some of the pain or make recovery easier if surgery proves neccessary. (These same injuries and the resulting exercise/movement restrictions are where the extra weight came from.)

3. I'm tired of feeling sluggish.

4. And getting older should mean getting better - so my goal is better!

Halo

3. mamajohnson

mamajohnson Knitting Rocks! Supporter

I think your right, we do need to remind us why!!
    ok, here is my why's---
    First,,, my feet were killing me! I have lost a considerable amount of weight since I began, they are feeling better..
    next, I am very umm,,, well large up top.. anyway, so loosing weight has really helped reduce those, and helped my back pain..

my present whys to keep loosing are--- I dont want to look yucky in the mirror! lol!!
    I want my DH to be proud of me, not embarressed... he told me the other day that I looked "feminine" that was the best compliment ever!

I want to look like a lady again, even if I do have to muck out the coop, and drag around power tools, it is nice to LOOK good! (and feel good!)
    yep, bottom line is good health.
    I do feel so much better. I know in 30 pounds I will feel better yet.

4. cwgrl23

cwgrl23 Chief Vegtable Grower :) Supporter

I want to feel better!

I want to have more stamina & strength to keep up with 3 kids!

I want to like what I see in the mirror!

I have a large pile of pre-pregnancy clothes that I like and WILL wear again!

High blood pressure runs in my family!

I am insulant resistant which the next step is diabetes.

I do not need to be a super model (Won't happen, I am too short :grump: )but I do want to look good!

I have to go to lots of trade shows and weddings (wedding videoagrapher) and I tired of looking lumpy in my dress clothes. Besides everyone knows the camera adds 10 lbs :grump:

5. bluetick

bluetick Well-Known Member

I want very much to get off the high blood pressure medication I am on. The side effects are really getting to me! It would seem that getting some weight off- oh, okay, a lot of weight off :eek: - would get my BP down where medication is no longer necessary.

6. southrngardngal

southrngardngal Well-Known Member

The number one reason is so I will feel better about myself along with #2. I have fibromyalgia and it hurts to walk or move somedays (some are worse than others) so I thought if I lose weight the pain won't be so bad. #3. My blood pressure runs on the high side. Not dangerously high but could become that way. I would like to look nicer not only for myself but for my hubby. And I would like for my grandchildren to see their Granny looking more fit. I have be very overweight as long as I have had grandchildren and I would like for them to see me at my normal weight (not what is normal for me now but what I am supposed to weigh).

7. steff bugielski

steff bugielski Well-Known Member

I am tired of being overweight.
    Have been since childhood. Dropped most of the weight when I moved out of mom and dad's, but 5 yrs later with my first child on the way it was back and then some.
    I really need to tone up my tummy or I will have back problems, need to lose some weight first.
    Some day I would just love to be able to wear something skimpy.
    steff

8. Wolf mom

Wolf mom Well-Known Member

Gret question. I seem to be looking on the dark side these days so this is really helping.

1. Get into work my clothes, so when I find a job I won't look like a sausage.

2. Feel physically better - more stamina

3. DD is a cardiac critical care nurse - so many obese people have heart attacks and their time in surgery & recovery time is longer & harder due to their weight. Don't want to be there.

4. Looking better makes me feel better about myself. (that I care about myself)

9. Hears The Water

Hears The Water Well-Known Member Supporter

I want to loose weight because I am slowly killing myself and my kids are too young to be orphans. I need help.
    God bless you and yours
    Debbie

10. Pauline

Pauline Well-Known Member Supporter

reasons i want to lose are
    1 diabetes runs in my family (i don' want it)
    2 high blood pressure and it's problems run in my family (i don't want them either)
    3 i have 3 children who need me and i want to be here for them
    4 i want to look good for myself and dh when he is home and not have to hide in baggy/boxy shirts and jeans
    5 because it would be a much better life without the problems my weight cause with my health and my ablility to do things with my children

11. GeorgiaberryM

GeorgiaberryM Well-Known Member

I want to look good in a photo again! And have fun in the clothes dept. And be more successful with my yoga practice - all those fat rolls really get in the way!

12. Grandmotherbear

Grandmotherbear Well-Known Member Supporter

Hi all. Better late than never.

I have to meet height/weight guidelines when I accompany the Council Venture Scouts to NW Atikokan this summer.
    At 5 ft 5 inches I should be 165. The last time I went I was 175.
    I always loose 20 lbs minimum on these backcountry canoe trips, it would be great if that "trip" weight loss started from a lower base.

I haven't weighed myself in ages. I tend to circle 200 within 5 lbs +/-. Size 14 to 16 depending on coutiere.

13. packratqueen

packratqueen Active Member

I want to run without huffing and puffing again!
    I also want to tuck my shirt inside my jeans again and look sexy!
    Even at my age!!
    I want to be able to keep up with my grandson.
    Mary

14. crystalniche

crystalniche Well-Known Member

I want to look better.

I want to get to a much healthier weight.

To wear jeans again instead of sweats would feel sooooooo good.

Moving around would be so much easier on my legs if I were a lot lighter.

While I have no problems with sugar I don't want to chance that problem in the future.

I want to eat to stay healthy not for comfort, to calm down, pass time or as entertainment.

The feeling of being thin is sooooo good that I want to have that feeling again.

I really want to made my husband feel proud of how I look. He says he doesn't think I am fat but I sure know that I am.

15. scgirl

scgirl Well-Known Member

As I am getting older and will hopefully be getting grandchildren in a few years, I want to keep my health and mobility for as long as possible.

I remember years ago, standing in line at the military pharmacy, the lines were always HUGE with retirees, getting literally, bags of prescriptions. Once, I counted 20 prescriptions for one couple. Not what I want for myself if there's anything I can possibly do to help.

16. Cheryl in SD

Cheryl in SD Living in the Hills Supporter

I want to lose weight because....

I have clothes I can't wear
    I have a tummy that causes people to say "When are you due?"
    I want to be thinner than my sisters
    I LIKE being the thinnest cousin (still am even at 177!)
    I want to wear 3 sizes smaller, just BECAUSE

Cheryl

17. Maura

Maura Well-Known Member Supporter

I want to loose weight because:

I'm too short to hide extra pounds, and they all pile up in the middle. I want to LOOK a whole lot better.

I have been so stiff and in pain for years. For years, I've been doing what I could to make myself better. Now that I can move again and have comparatively little pain, I want to do stuff. I think loosing forty pounds would help alot.

18. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

Adult onset diabetes runs in my family.
    My mother and grandmother were extremely obese, and they hurt my feelings when I was young telling me that I was doomed to be obese, too. If I don't stop the trend now, they will have been correct.
    I don't want to have to buy larger clothes
    I don't want to wait until I am extremely overweight, then try to lose !!
    I don't like how I look in the mirror.
    Mom died of a series of strokes. I don't want to suffer like she did those last months not being able to move. For that matter, I don't want to spend the later years of my life having to sleep in a chair because I can't breathe when I lie down like she did.
    I feel better thinner, and I feel better when I exercise regularly.

19. desertdreamer

desertdreamer Well-Known Member

20. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

I want to stay healthy. I don't have any health problems YET but I can see it hitting full -force if I do not! I hate the way I look. At fifty it will be much harder to lose but I am ready,able and willing. Deb