Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do we kill people who kill people, to show killing people is wrong ?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
best i can figure it is for vengance more than anything. there will be those that come along with other rationals that would leave us in a better light though

·
Debbie
263 Posts
JMO but seem's it should make a person think twice before they take the life of another. Kind of like "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime"

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How does that teach them anything if they are dead from being killed ?

·
USMC can't fix stupid(s)
2,736 Posts
and if the others don't learn, then it doesn't matter, because they'll be killed for not learning.
why do we let people kill babies? there is no punishment for that and the baby hasn't even killed anyone. :shrug:

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
To teach others that actions have definate consequences, and to eliminate a menace to society. If death is the punishment.....I'd think long and hard before commiting the action.

·
Banned
2,134 Posts
bumpus said:
Why do we kill people who kill people, to show killing people is wrong ?
Why not?

·
GO VOLS!!!!
310 Posts
Its not about teaching its about punishment for the crime. Where does it say the sentence set fourth is for learning purposes? If I'm in a situation worth killing someone over I'm not gonna worry about the punishment. But 10 years later when the punishment happens well then it will be a different story. I don't think the death penalty is a deterrent more than a punishment

·
Super Moderator
16,514 Posts
I think the main idea is to kill dangerous people before they murder their fellow inmates, prison guards, or escape to kill civilians. Because some people will kill more than once.

·
Waste of bandwidth
10,618 Posts
I think that it all goes back to that "Stop crying or I'll give you something to cry about!" thing that some parents scream at their children.

It makes no sense, yet it seems so logical.

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
I heard on a radio show a month back that in states which have brought back the death penalty the murder rate has dropped. That's what the show said, not what I have looked up in statistics for accuracy.

The show conclusion was that not only was that murdered stopped from killing again, it did deter others.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dashley said:
looks like your trying to start something
I did ask a question.

You are right I am trying to start something ! ! !

A new thread.

Do you have an answer to the question ? ? ?

bumpus

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
steff bugielski said:
A much better punishment would be to lock them up in a small cell with no outside yard, no TV, no hot food, no visitors. Let them rot till they die.
That is the way they used to do it in prisons, and that is the reason they had so many prison riots, and many guards and prisoners with lighter sentences were murdered, or crippled for life.

Today they have better ways.

bumpus

1 - 20 of 61 Posts