Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my goats broke out of their fencing two days in a row at the exact same time. it was really odd. i found them on the carport eating hay, just hanging out. i was like why????? and why now????? and why two days in a row at the same time?

i used to feed them in the early evening, but the past two days i was "good" and got up early and fed them before work. so even though they'd already been fed and watered and such long before and were chubby from good eatin' when the time came that i always fed them at, well, they weren't going to just set in the fence and starve. lol. :viking:

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
You may not need a watch...but you do need a better fence LOL! Goats just seem to keep you on your toes :)

·
Love My Manchas!
1,803 Posts
they are goats... they do it just to upset you haha they love to be trubble makers! ask my girls!

·
Premium Member
10,357 Posts
They are creatures of habit - and they don't understand that you were "good", just that "hey, we got extra treats this morning!" and "where's the evening meal, mom?" ;)

Silly things. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:banana02:

hey. when i just got home from work (ten pm) they were inside the gate. yeah. i had fixed it and such but just had to tell myself, well if t hey get out again, it just is. so when i drove up tonight, i had my brights on in case they were in the driveway. but no they were where they belonged. this morning, i put out twice as much hay as usual. so that hopefully they would have stuff still to snack on when they're antsy time came to go a'huntin their real food. they were pretty tubby and i'm cautious generally not to overfeed but at least it worked this time. this weekend, i will keep feeding them early (bless my little heart) and hopefully then by next week they'll be adjusted. if not, well, goat bbq. :cute:

my biggest problem with feeding them early is then the GEESE get used to being fed early so they can literally hear when i wake up and start walking around. so pressure from the geese honking pre coffee is just not my thing. i start thinking pate a lot more than i do bird pellets.

but, ah, well, hopefully it will work out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts