Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm inventorying things and I've come across .357. IIRC I have something that will shoot this but it's not a .357. A couple years ago I was stocking up after taking inventory of the handguns in my immediate and extended family but now I can't remember. Obviously I need to write this stuff down.

·
Premium Member
5,752 Posts
Barter item. Subconcious desire to have a .357. Shopping for my birthday. Lots of reasons.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sooo...if I have ammo for firearms I don't have access to any longer, what would be the best way to go about getting what I need? I know if I just walk in off the street in my minivan with two kids at my heels I'll get taken. But then-I have no idea where I should walk in!

·
Premium Member
5,752 Posts
Folks sell ammo at gun shows in this area. You could probably walk in to a vendor that sells ammo and sell or trade gor what you need. Of course there is the cover charge.

Reactions: PrettyPaisley

·
Registered
89 Posts
For the same reason I ended up with some .25 when we don't own, nor have ever owned anything that would need that.

I was plinking with my .32 pistol awhile back, before I needed to requalify for my CCL. Started to reload, and....what? Where did those come from.

The box DID say .32.
All we can figure is some person at the gun shop was careless.

I also have a .357. :)

If it was me, I'd be checking prices beforehand, then take them to our local pawn guy to trade.

·
Super Moderator
9,430 Posts
Sooo...if I have ammo for firearms I don't have access to any longer, what would be the best way to go about getting what I need? I know if I just walk in off the street in my minivan with two kids at my heels I'll get taken. But then-I have no idea where I should walk in!
go into a store find the same ammo on the shelf , snap a picture of it with price with your phone , if you have one of those devices

then post on arms list with a price a reasonable amount lower than that or have the picture on the phone ready when you walk into a shop or such.

just because you walk in in heels with 2 kids fresh out of a mini van doesn't mean you will be taken if you are educated in the current price , it may mean you will walk out still holding your ammo

what ammo do you need you can probably work a strait up trade for what you do need it may not be top value for your ammo but you get what you need

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went to a gun show last weekend with a different set of eyes and it was so much more fun than before. I tried to sell that .32 I had but the gentlemen who refused did so very politely and even offered ammo for it. But I don't want to keep it now that I know more. Good news is, the guy who sold it to me if going to buy it back.

I'm no longer concerned about buying ammo. There was tons and tons at decent prices.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts