Why can't people listen?

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Old Vet, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Old Vet

Old Vet In Remembrance

I took my truck in to the shop to get the back breaks fixed. About 10 o'clock the phone rang. The mechanic on the other end asked me what was I going to do with the back breaks. I asked him what he meant. He said that the front breaks were fine but the backs had a blown wheel cylinder. I asked him why he was looking at the front breaks anyway. I told him that he was to get the back breaks fixed and not the front. He said he would stop on the front and looked at the back.

After the breaks were fixed I went to Wal-Mart to buy a tire. I told them that I wanted to mount the tire on the rim on the right rear side and then changed to the spare. (The spare tire is is on the right side rear) and I wanted to replace it with the same tire that was in the back of my truck (the same tire that was on the truck). There was NO one in the shop at this time. After about 45 muinets the truck was brought in and they called me to the shop. They told me that I couldn't buy that tire. I went and looked at it. They had the wrong tire broke down and ready to change it out. I said no that is the wrong tire. But since they said I couldn't buy that tire they were not going to sell me one. The only reason they gave is that it is a different size. Since the tire is to be used as a spare I said they were wrong. The argument got totally out of hand so I left to buy a tire in another store.

When you ask people to do something for you and pay them to do it, they should listen.

I used my spelchecker (My wife).

2. Ninn

Ninn Custom Crochet Queen

Had that same problem last year when we bought our new truck. Took it to get a door handle fixed. Shoulda been less than 100 bux, as I supplied the new handle. Mechanic made that "she's a woman" mistake. Told me he didnt know how much it would cost cuz it all depends on what else he finds. BIG MISTAKE on his part. I blew a gasket right there in the garage, told the owner, and got him fired on the spot. Doesn't matter what else you find, I am paying for X to be repaired and X only. What really ticked him off was having to watch me pull the door skin and change out the handle myself as punishment for being a moron. (the owner is his grampa, and he really gave it to him good) He was ready to soak me for a ton of cash over a 20 dollar part and 30 mins labor. Little did he know, I was raised with men who thought I should be able to take care of myself. I CAN repair my own vehicles, some. I CHOOSE not to. Apparently, he was still of the old, "women know nothing" school. He didnt listen when I spoke. Bet he never makes that mistake again.........lol.

3. fordy

fordy Well-Known Member

...............Well , basically people just don't listen , and when they MAKE MISTAKES they will try and find a way to make You pay for IT . Plus , not accepting responsibility for their screwups is also motivated by the distinct possibility of a lawsuit . fordy... :rolleyes:

4. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Love it Ninn...
    Angie