Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in northwest NJ, it's supposed to start soon and be 6-12"! I'm headed out to work(we squeezed our patients in from 8-11 instead of 9-1), so will be home long before the roads get bad. The afternoon/evening drive should be quite interesting.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
I am so glad I have no place I need to go today. I woke up to the sound of sleet hitting the windows. It is alternating between sleet, freezing rain and huge snow flakes. I am getting a few things done that require electricity just in case I lose power.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Not here in the Northern Shenandoah Valley or Eastern Panhandle of WV. Earlier they said snow this week-end with cold rain today, but it's just gonna be rain.
Earlier this week, we were supposed to get it too but again, we got rain though just north of the Mason/Dixon line they got snow and that's just an hour away. That line really does change the weather.

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Freezing rain, sleet and snow in Iowa.

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
Southern Wisconsin checking in here :) We've already got 8" of snow on the ground from this storm and they're expecting another 4". 20-30mph winds are causing quite a problem. Snow plow went by a few minutes ago and as soon as he cleared the road the snow blew back into it.

Gotta love yahoo weather. "light snow" :rotfl: Weather person just said it's coming down at 2 inches an hour.

ah well. It sure is pretty! Glad neither of us has to go anywhere today. Hope everyone survives this round of snow/sleet across the country in fine fettle.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I can see it doing something out there...we're supposed to get 3-6 tonight, something is supposedly coming in---

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
Not a chance here! It was in the upper 70's yesterday. The children were outside, barefoot and in shorts!

Blue

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
We have light snow rigt now in the Greater Toronto (Ontario, Canada) area. There is a winter storm warning, winds are 28km/hr right now predicted to rise to 60. School busses are all cancelled.

·
Metal melter
7,152 Posts
We have lots of freezing rain coming down right now. I think it started around 3:00 this morning. Hubby got all of his hours in so he wouldn't have to go in today. It's a good thing, since it's an hour each way on a normal day.

·
1/2 bubble off plumb
8,811 Posts
Wishing we were, it's freezing rain here at my parents house in NE Ohio. But then the 7 day forecast does have snow - looks like a white Christmas.....better go buy boots!!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i wish we were getting snow at least the kids could go sledding:p
but no we are in the middle of an ice storm!! expecting 1/4inch of the stuff.

feeding animals was fun this morning. told hubby if i don't come back in a reasonable time frame come look for my broken butt!

with him being laid off i need to work and i have 6 clients today which is a nice day $ for me. probably wont go in though, just not worth it.

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
We had about a couple inches of sleet and a little freezing rain the other day. Enough to close the schools for a couple of days.

I went to bed last night and it was 34 degrees. Woke up this morning to a windy 52 degrees.

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
me me me *jumping up and down waving hand*

Didn't start until around 4 a.m. (woke up at 3 and was disappointed it hadn't started yet; yesterday the weather man said it would start about 7 pm, then changed it 1 a.m.). By six when I got up, we already had several inches and it was just about white-out conditions.

No school today; so I plan on using my 'extra hours' of child labor (3 kids X no school for 6 hrs each today = 18 hours of child labor, right?) to really get some stuff done indoors today. Cleaning and then perhaps a marathon cookie baking. . .

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I Wish!! We had the ice for a couple of days this week and now we're already at 67 and supposed to rise to 71 today, crazy weather I tell you.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts