whoohoo!!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Jim East Tn, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Jim East Tn

Jim East Tn Well-Known Member

After being truck-less for almost 3 years--I have found the vehicle deal of my lifetime.

A friend of mine's Father recently died, and among his estate was an old pick-up truck with a camper bed on the back. Apparently, he drove it to different parks, parked it, and basically lived in it, and did not break camp with it.

It is a 1990 Ford F250---with only 24,400 miles--yes, that is NOT 124,400, but 24,400 :dance: :D

I had my mechanic take a look at it, and he could not believe how clean it was-no wear on the clutch or brake pads, vinyl seat floor immaculate, headliner perfect, non-smoker's vehicle, etc, etc, etc. There is a little body damage where the camper was bolted down, but that is it!

$1750.00 WhooHoooooo!

Then to make it even better, my Boss bought it and gave it to me as a company vehicle :D :dance:

2. romancemelisa

romancemelisa Well-Known Member

congatulations, we went 3months with out one, i just don't know how we did without for that long.

3. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Good for you Jim!
    BooBoo

4. Chas in Me

Chas in Me Well-Known Member

5. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

WOW! That is great!

6. Wingdo

Wingdo Well-Known Member Supporter

Way to go Jim!!!

Now... since you have all this "extra" money, I have a 1989 Bronco that I've sunk $1500 in for $950.00! I'll even put lettuce and cheese on it and call it "delux" for you if you'd like!

Very happy for you my dear friend! Tell the family I said Howdy.

Wingdo

7. deberosa

deberosa SW Virginia Gourd Farmer!

In 1992 I got a 1979 Ford F150 with 16 K miles on it. It was great, except... Be careful of parts that degrade just by sitting around. I had to replace the master cylinder right away - the seals had dried and cracked. I also had to replace the Radiator - after trying many other things - the truck would overheat all the time because the radiator had filled with rust and sludge so there really wasn't much liquid in it anymore...

Other than that it was a great truck, except for all the California junk it had in the engine, but that wasn't the truck's fault. ;-)