Whoo Hoo Scored Big Time On Rabbit and Goat Poop!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Fla Gal, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Fla Gal

Fla Gal Bunny Poo Monger Supporter

I've been trying to locate rabbit poop locally. I scored big time and not just on rabbit poop but got all the goat poop I could scoop and then some. :haha:

I was steered to a co-worker that used to have rabbits for her children that were in 4H. She said they no longer had rabbits because her children graduated 4H and she said I might try to call the agricultural center to find out if anyone in the 4H program might want to get rid of some rabbit poop.

Geeze o peeze, I got the name and number of a lady that does homeschooling and is a leader in the 4H group and boards the 4H'ers goats. She didn't have that many rabbits but gave me names of people that raised them. The good news? I shovel and haul for free! The 4H lady was so happy for me mucking out her goat area she said I could have it all. It's mine..... all mine... old and new. I love it. :D

Today I went to pick up rabbit and some goat poop from the homeschooling lady. What a bonanza! The rabbit poop is fresh, which is what I wanted to start a mini worm farm, and the goat poop, some is real close to being compost and some is very fresh. More good news, it's mixed with hay not straw. What a deal.

For those of you finding it difficult to find rabbit poop for your gardens or worm bins, check out your local agricultural center. You might just get your wish and then some. :D

Something that I thought was really neat, some of the goats were wearing tee shirts to keep them warm. When I go to pick up more poop, two weeks from now, I'll ask permission to take a picture of the goats so I can share it with you.

2. 5TR-Apiary

5TR-Apiary Active Member

Well, now I know someone else who gets excited about such wonderful finds! My husband, his uncles and our friends just shake their heads and smile when I talk about being excited about these "things"... Enjoy!!

3. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy

I have 21 rabbits (Kids do 4H) and I am stock pileing the poo LOL.. UNder my outside cages I dont disturb the pile The inside bunnnies I rake up the poo and any hay that they dropped and toss it into a pile outside... I am going to build a bin out of pallets and use it to keep my bunny poo from disappearing.. At first I was concerned the undisturbed pile outside my stink, but only time I smell it a little is right after a rain... Theres realy not as much poo as youd expect from 21 rabbits. the outside bunnies have been there Since last Sept and the pile isnt that big at all... Im sure it is smooshing down as it composts but youd think it would be clear to the cage bottoms LOL.. I have 3 bunnies there, the rest are now inside..
    Soon Ill have 3 more litters--so more poo machines :) I also use the horse manure. That stuff is soooo good... Only problem with the horse manure is if you feed grain be assured youll have some oats growing... The pros far out weigh the cons as far as IM concerned so I will use it. I have a steady supply of it and the horses dont mind me taking it LOL....

4. Mullers Lane Farm

Mullers Lane Farm Well-Known Member

Anyone wanting rabbit, poultry, horse, or cow poo can PM me - we have plenty to spare!

5. 1farmgirl

1farmgirl Well-Known Member

Do you deliver?? :haha: Just kidding! I am grinning as I write this because I can only imagine how many people get excited about finding a bonanza of poo! My hens just look at me like "What on earth do you want THAT for??" when I start scooping out their coop. :) Black, brown, gray and white gold??? :haha:

Kathy