Whom else sleeps in full dress?

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by moopups, Dec 29, 2006.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    I am always without shoes to sleep, but find undressing not necessary, what is your orientations? This evening it was jeans, tee shirt, wind breaker, socks, and minus shoes. Knit cap was necessary for warmth.

2. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

I sleep in my birthday suit, with a robe at the foot of the bed in case I need to make a quick exit.

I have a hard time sleeping in any clothes other than the sheets and blankets covering me. Too constricting!

Pony!

3. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

How much did you have to drink before you fell asleep....?

My husband sleeps in his clothes often after one or two too many....the leatherman on his belt still too...serves him right IMO

4. Speciallady

Speciallady Well-Known Member

If I don't feel like putting on my night gown, I'll sleep in just the shirt I wore that day and my undies. If it's cold I'll sleep in sweats and a t-shirt. If it's real warm, just my undies.

5. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

I'm a nothin' sleeper, with the fan and the covers usually end up kicked off. I would be roasted if I tried to sleep in all that you do moopups!!

6. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

Its an avoidance issue here, avoid turning on an electric heater; we don't want to crowd that issue. The landlord pays the electric here, we avoid using an excessive amount.

7. SherrieC

SherrieC Well-Known Member

Well, yuck I don't want all I've been into all day in bed with me typical homesteader and all. I sleep buff unless it's too cold then I have a few old worn soft T-shirts & sweat pants for the winter, and a few "fun" jammies which usually lead back to the buff again.

8. Paula

Paula Well-Known Member

Me too!
    Mitch, my dh HATES changing clothes for any reason (the whole aspie/transition thing) but he does take his clothes off for bed.
    In the daytime he'll come in covered with grease (wipes hands on pants of course :rolleyes: ) or mud and think nothing of walking across the carpet and sitting on our leather furniture with all that mess. Hates transition, which in this case would involve going into the bedroom, finding clean clothes, taking off dirty ones, putting clean ones on. The horror.
    We're putting down a good laminated wood floor in the trailer at the farm, that should solve some of the probs. Maybe his chair needs a cover for when he comes in nasty. Or maybe he just needs to get over it and learn to change clothes. He understands my logical argument that he will destroy the furniture and that will end up costing us money.

9. HermitJohn

HermitJohn Well-Known Member

Well, I never felt the desire to wear a dress, let alone sleep in one, full or otherwise, but each to their own..... :p

10. Bink

Bink Well-Known Member

HJ--I can see the system's still wonky. Your post claims it was last edited by Nevada, yesterday!

11. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

Well Ladies, while I usually trust the statements these could be substantiated with visual backup, its called Photobucket, I may be old but I am not dead.....

You set yourselves up for this one, not me.

12. HermitJohn

HermitJohn Well-Known Member

Time travel? Any offense my post may cause I blame it all on Nevada editing it before I posted it.....

13. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Well-Known Member

Vulcan mind meld?? :shrug: :D

14. SteveD(TX)

SteveD(TX) Well-Known Member

My reasons for not wearing my regular clothes to bed:

1) uncomfortable
    2) any dirt, odors, etc. from clothes would be transferred to sheets
    3) will not tell you since this is a family forum

15. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

Now I just hope they sleep with their lights on too! :)

16. A'sta at Hofstead

A'sta at Hofstead Turkey Wrangler

I like to have clean jammies on when I sleep. After cooking and taking care of critters and working with the public, I just wouldn't want to sleep with the yuck.
    My dh sometimes will wear the t-shirt he wore that day and some lounge pants, it kind of grosses me out. I wear the same jammies for about a week though unless I have a very sweaty night.

17. the mama

the mama loves all critters Supporter

I am allergic to my cats, so my bed must be a cat fur free zone. This is tricky at times. I MUST change my shirt before sleeping. Sometimes I wear my flannel PJs, sometimes a silk cami. Depends on the weather and humidity, mood or horomones(I'm 45). So I may wear all day the shirt I slept in, but must change before sleeping again. I hear the laundry calling me now.

18. Cheryl in SD

Cheryl in SD Living in the Hills Supporter

My ds does this. He is 7 almost 8, and lets just say he is 1) ALL boy which means a) his pockets are brim full of something, and b) the something could squish, which leads to c) being a boy he doesn't care it if does squish. Not to mention he is 2) a farm kid with chores which means a) he is on a farm with animal poop and b) he is a kid which means he doesn't walk anywhere if he can slide into "base", crawl through a tunnel or swing around to home. The combination of 2.a + 2.b + 1.b is what gets to me.

Being a good mommy I am working hard to teach him that you UNDRESS and put on warm pj's before climbing into bed. Being a boy he is working hard to find easier ways to do things, such as not having to unload his pockets by just rewearing the same jean even after his bath.

Moopops, are you saying I am going to lose this fight??????

:shrug:

19. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

I'd find daytime clothing too restrictive to sleep in. I have to take a shower before going to bed in a clean, very loose fitting nightgown.

20. QBVII

QBVII Well-Known Member

I would go insane if I had to sleep in my clothes. I need my jammies. :p