Whole Soy Story: The Dark Side of America's Favorite Health Food

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Jeff54321, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Jeff54321

Jeff54321 Well-Known Member

2. arabian knight

arabian knight Miniature Horse lover Supporter

I use Crisco now which is Soy oil so no trans fat and things like that much better for a person.

3. RedTartan

RedTartan Icelandic Sheep Supporter

What a great, well-written article!

I stopped buying soy products years ago after reading a similar article. I'm convinced that soy should NOT be consumed as a food.

RedTartan

4. Mountaineer

Mountaineer Well-Known Member

I have researched both sides of the argument and made an educated decision with the help of my family doctor and a dietician. I got bored of this article and stopped reading it, it really was misleading.
    Take all one sided information with a grain of salt.
    Babies are not supposed to eat soy, along with many other foods. Another argument is that it gives you a copper difficiency, ever hear of someone with a copper difficiency??
    I myself eat soy. By substituting some fatty foods (animal fat is the bad fat) with vegetable protein I am much less likely to develop heart disease, have a stroke, and get some cancers. This, has been proven repeatedly. Just research it.

So basically what I get from anti-soy articles is that they are recommending you eat the traditional western diet high in trans fat etc, well known to cause health issues. I mean, MOST people will die of issues related to a ruich western diet...
    That is proven. I still think by far the lesser of two evils is soy, by a long shot!

5. Wildwood Flower

Wildwood Flower Halfway, OR & Wagoner, OK

I live in Oregon part time, and Oklahoma part time
    I quit drinking soy milk. I still use soy cheese.

I was having hormonal reactions from too much soy.