who plays ping pong

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by randy in central missouri, Dec 13, 2006.

1. randy in central missouri

randy in central missouri Well-Known Member

i grew up playing ping pong. we played all the time in the basement. my dad who just turned 78 this year was awesome. i could not beat him until i was in college. my son (13) and i play alot and he is getting good. my 7 and 5 year old are learning and doing well. even my two year old tries to play. I played all the kids at the high school the other day and kicked their butts. i am old and out of shape, but i can still spike and serve. i think this country would be in better shape if we played more ping pong, and less video games.
    For the cost of a new playstation3 and a game, you could have a nice table, paddles and balls and play for years.

one of my biggest regrets in life was getting good enough to beat my older brother at ping pong. i was stupid and rubbed it in. after about 10 losses in a row, we did not play for 20 years. i missed out and should of let him win some. but i was young and he was mean. i enjoyed beating one of my smart alec nephews on his table over thanks giving. he was taunting me, so i let him have it.
    randy

2. Wildwood Flower

Wildwood Flower Halfway, OR & Wagoner, OK

I live in Oregon part time, and Oklahoma part time
    Yea, my whole family played ping pong.

Horse shoes was (is) another good game.

3. Mutti

Mutti Well-Known Member Supporter

My twin sis and I had wild matches in the basement...biggest problem was finding the ball when it went behind the furnace! I think we were the better for not having video games. Heck,we weren't even allowed to turn the TV on and watch without permission...and it wasn't often given! Kids played outside...Red Rover, Tag,Hide and Seek, Hopscotch, Jacks,rode bikes....and never the word childhood obesity or type 11 diabetes heard! DEE

4. kars1995

kars1995 Well-Known Member

We have a ping pong table in our game room. The kids and their friends enjoy it. We also have a dart board, shuffle board table, 2 computers and of course the tv with xbox in there also. I'm hoping for a pool table someday. :) It's nice to see the kids and their friends turn off the tv and play ping pong or darts. I get really tired of the tv with attached games.

5. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

We still play too! We have one in an outdoor building. Also a pool table, foosball and darts.
    I like games that get you moving. :)

6. rwinsouthla

rwinsouthla Well-Known Member Supporter

I played a little in high school, then picked it up fiercely in college at the student rec center and union. Bought the "good" paddles and all. Now, we play about once a week with my wife and her family. I beat them all still but my oldest daughter is getting better. She's only 8 but can move around well. She's getting the spins down very well.

I'll take on any challengers!!!!