Who is From Missouri ??

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by SoapMaker, Jun 20, 2002.

1. SoapMaker

SoapMaker Member

I live in S.W. Missouri

2. bill in mo

bill in mo Member

hey, I live in southwest MO too! 8)

Carthage is the nearest town to me, or maybe Sarcoxie? Anyways, right around that area...

3. wghjt

wghjt Guest

northern missouri here...30 min. from iowa line :eek:

4. SoapMaker

SoapMaker Member

We live about 45 miles S.E. of Joplin, 18 miles E of Anderson, howdy neighbor

Donna T

5. SoapMaker

SoapMaker Member

We live about 45 miles S.E. of Joplin, 18 miles E of Anderson, howdy neighbor

Donna T

6. Gunner

Gunner Member

We are not from MO. After being stationed in the US Coast Guard in many parts of the US (AK, HI, NC, VA, MO, OR), we decided this was the best place to retire here. So far we love the state and the people! Gunner in Belle. (South of Jeff City)

7. Deborah Stephenson

Deborah Stephenson Well-Known Member

I wondered when somebody would get around to asking about Missouri since just about every other state has had a turn.

I'm a MO Mule. Born and raised in the area south of St. Louis - a little place called DeSoto. I traveled around for about 25 years, then came back to settle in SW MO - near Branson (before the tourist boom - UGH!) about 10 years ago.

8. randy in central missouri

randy in central missouri Well-Known Member

central missouri here, although i feel like i've lived everywhere in missouri. i live east of columbia a little ways right on I-70. stop by and say hi.

randy and theresa and my three sons

9. ere

ere New Member

i grew up in western central missouri near adrian, but now live about ten miles north of springfield. i, too, was wondering how long it would take before missouri residents were asked to 'fess up...

10. gefozarks

gefozarks Well-Known Member

I figure we waited so the best could be last and for those who have any doubts let me show you. :D I live about 50 miles east of Springfield near Hartville.

11. FolioMark

FolioMark In Remembrance

illinois but i have a homestead building in missou
    Our place is 12 acres 17 miles south of Lebanon in Laclede County. We dont live there yet, just slowly improving and building a house. Hope to retire there in a few years.

12. sgrmtndrone

sgrmtndrone Well-Known Member

The wonderful lake of the Ozarks here . Camden county . you can see more on our website .
    http://www.sugarmountainhome.com
    Stop on by for a visit 8)

13. Lynn

Lynn New Member

We are between Farmington and Crystal City in the eastern central region.

14. Lynn(Mo.)

Lynn(Mo.) Member

SE Mo. here...transplanted 16 years ago.. Not far from the Arkansas line which we can get too about 4 different ways ..lol... Close to the Current River and we live between Doniphan and Poplar Bluff.

15. Ozarkquilter46

Ozarkquilter46 Well-Known Member

I am from south central Mo. north part of Howell county

16. Mona Lea

Mona Lea Well-Known Member

Southeast Missouri here, near Cape Girardeau and the Mississippi river!

17. Jim in MO

Jim in MO Well-Known Member

Hello Neighbors;

We live in a small town called Valles Mines. I noticed someone from my hometown of DeSoto as well.

Jim & Kelly

18. Kacky

Kacky New Member

We live in North Central Mo.

19. Debbie in MO

Debbie in MO Active Member

Hi! We are on 20 acres of pasture near Silex, MO, which is a little north of Troy. St. Louis is about 75 miles southeast of us. Mark Twain's boyhood home in Hannibal is about 50 miles north of us. Been a Missouri Mule my whole life; been many places and I love it here. I would have a hard time getting used to a place where it wasn't so lush and green, with our beautiful rolling hills, river bluffs and deep forests. It's awful humid in the summer, but we are so blessed to not have to worry about rampant forest fires, either, so I think that's an acceptable trade-off. Hi to all my Missouri neighbors! Aren't we lucky?

20. Kim

Kim New Member

Hi all! I am like FolioMark...just got some land in southern Missouri, but not living there yet. Hoping to be there in a couple of years. HI FolioMark {{{{waving}}}} is your anticipation level as high as mine???? :D Deborah, are you the one living not far from the icky red trailer? :D We were trying to figure which place was yours when we were down there earlier this month. Sorry I haven't written, lost your email. Can't wait to be there permanently. We met some really great folks in Forsyth while we were down there. Started some friendships. Great people. And just about everyone we met has some land near ours. I am ready to just go and pitch a tent.
    I can hear DH saying it now...."patience honey". It's not my virtue you see. :mrgreen: