Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O K I know I Am NOT and never will be perfect.That just means I have to try harder and work on it. And I keep learning new things along the way.. There was Only One Perfect person on this Earth and HE died for U S, His Name Is Jesus Christ, So who agrees with that And strives to better them selves.. It would be A burden to be perfect like Jesus, in this day and age. Most folks would think you are A nut job!!!

·
Premium Member
1,812 Posts
ohh I see you have NOT met my husband have you..hehehhe LOL
he is perfect or so he tells me... I say...a legend in his own mind

LOL it is a huge joke between us..I promise I am not running him down...LOL
~C~

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
james dilley said:
O K I know I Am NOT and never will be perfect.That just means I have to try harder and work on it. And I keep learning new things along the way.. There was Only One Perfect person on this Earth and HE died for U S, His Name Is Jesus Christ, So who agrees with that And strives to better them selves.. It would be A burden to be perfect like Jesus, in this day and age. Most folks would think you are A nut job!!!

Jesus Christ was NOT considered the only perfect person,
that was ever on on earth.

Perfection is not measured by men it is by God that perfection is obtained.
All of God's Children in Christ who obey His Holy Word and are lead by The Holy Spirit, and doing His will are perfect in His sight, and that is all that matters to The Lord Jesus Christ ! ! !

God never ask a person to do something they can't do.

The Old Testament says:

Gen:6:9: These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Gen:17:1: And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the LORD appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect.

2Chron:15:17: But the high places were not taken away out of Israel: nevertheless the heart of Asa was perfect all his days.

Job:1:1: There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

Ps:37:37: Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.

The New Testament says:

Mt:5:48: Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Lk:6:40: The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master.

1Cor:2:6: Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

2Cor:13:11: Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.

Phil:3:15: Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Heb:10:14: For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Jms:3:2: For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

bumpus

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I'm far, far from perfect. I'm mortal, human, and can never be perfect. But I really do try to be a better person. Not better than anyone else, don't misunderstand. Just a better 'me'. I know I have shortcomings and flaws, and I try all the time to overcome them. Some I have overcome, some I'm working on, some I haven't discovered yet, no doubt. But I do try, with the Lord's help and guidance, I try to make Him pleased with me.

·
newfieannie
10,729 Posts
My first husband was! If he had any faults.I never saw them not in over 40 years! he was such a humble ,kind,good man and he treated me like his queen and I'll love him forever!
second husband only thought he was! until I shot him down a time or 2. well, I dont mean I shot him but I wanted too! ...Georgia.

·
Banned
3,280 Posts
People never fall if they obey The Lord ! ! !

2 Peter:1:1: Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
2: Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
3: According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5: And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6: And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7: And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8: For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9: But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
10: Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
11: For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

bumpus

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.