Homesteading Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Now we should fear iceburg lettuce

And E. Coli in ground beef at Walmart, Kroger, and Albertsons

Link

Add Covid and Omicron to the list, and we should just give up and wait for death, because the stores are all out of lifesaving toilet paper and paper towels again.

·
Registered
279 Posts
This confirms my assertions that there are people who are unvaccinated due to the recommendations of their doctor. It seems that there is a lot of reference to "the unvaccinated clogging hospital beds" and I have been saying that some people's doctors might tell them not to get vaccinated. My guess is, that if someones doctor told them not to get vaccinated because of the health conditions that their doctor is treating them for, that unfortunately, they probably aren't in a very good position to shake covid off easily.
that is the reason I stay home, food shop twice a month for perishables, and go to the store at the least density times. Everyone here is quiet, respectful and friendly. For living in an apartment, this is a very good one. We have not had one case of covid that I know of (that went to the hospital). I consider myself very fortunate.

·
newfieannie
10,292 Posts
not that i am aware of. i would think if i had i would have some symptoms. but i only go out about once a month (while the count is so high)and then only to the grocery store . i did have a earache and a killer headache a couple days ago so i used warm olive oil in my ears and had a coffee with some rum and next day i was fine. ~Georgia

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a couple of times I thought I had it, but I tested negative and my antibodies count remained low (from the J&J vaccine), so they were false alarms.

So who hasn't had it yet?
We haven't gotten it, and haven't gotten the shots. I have been tested every time I go to the VA for an appointment. My oldest brother had it and was in the hospital for a bit. My second son said they all had it. So I figure we will just hang in there and hope for the best. Neither of us want to get the experimental shots that seem to have a high mortality rate so not sure what is worse the shots or the disease.
One of our friends got it and his wife took care of him and never got it. Neither has the two other people living with them. So apparently some people are immune.

·
Registered
1 Posts
never had it and I was in the thick of it working a part-time gig at wal-mart. Now I work DOD and am required to get tested weekly because I'm not vaxed.

·
This is my life
3,886 Posts
Well both my son and DIL have tested positive and the 3 yr old grand baby is sick but did not get tested. I picked her up from daycare yesterday just to spend time with her so I feel I am on a countdown clock. I am on immune supppressing drugs but am vaxed

·
Registered
180 Posts
DW and I are fine. Haven't been sick. We've had both shots and the booster. We haven't grown 2nd heads or become aliens. But we stay at home except for feed and fuel every 3rd week.

We cancelled the Christmas get together because the kids still haven't done what they should do - and they live in the city. And they wanted to bring a guest from a long way off who wasn't not vaxed either. To me its just disrespectful. And I had to press them to find out they weren't poked or their guest.

Nope, not in our house. And get your darn flu shot too.

·
This is my life
3,886 Posts
And of course woke up with it this morning

·
Registered
954 Posts
My family has had it since 2nd week in DEC
One or 2 at a time , My one son and I have not had it yet .
My house is big but there is only so many places you can hide

·
Registered
91 Posts
Survived multiple exposures,then got slack about taking my immune boasting supplements for several months. Just now getting over what was most likely Omicron. My hubby and I ran a fever of just a few extra degrees, I had a headache too. Hubby got well in just a couple of days. Since I have had a chronic cough for over 6 months, it's taken me longer to get over it. Coughing for hours until my ribs felt like they had been whacked with a led pipe. I really thought I just had a cough.

But the best part was when I tried to make an appointment to see my doctor about the cough. I was informed that I could not be seen at any of the Kaiser facilities until I presented a negative PCR test. I could only go into the Urgent care facility as a walk-in. When I asked why, the woman actually told me that they couldn't have sick people coming into the clinics because their doctors could get sick?????

What! I thought doctors went to med school to learn how to treat sick people? Really hacked me off, thousands in medical premiums and I can't actually see a doctor when I get sick. The woman was quick to point out that I also could drag myself down to the local county ER. Can't make it to the couch but what's an hour driving and 3-6 hours waiting.

Hard to understand why they are worried, all the medical staff are vaccinated several times over, and "booster-ed" once or twice. Masked too. Why would they think they will get sick? Hmm, unless they aren't telling us something.

Folks didn't die from Covid, they died from no being able to GET TREATMENT for Covid.

·
Registered
22,209 Posts
More than 80% of us haven't had it.
We really don't know how many. I think the positive tested cases are about 66 million, which is indeed about 20% of us but the real number is way higher. The CDC said early on that actual numbers were 3 to 5 times higher than confirmed cases and now the UK says Omicron cases are 3 to 5 times higher than confirmed cases also. Then the study that showed if you have had a cold caused by one of the 4 common corona viruses in the recent past, you have some immunity to the COVID virus. How this stuff all works together makes it impossible to tell how many of us are still capable of catching the virus but due to previous infections will have no symptoms. The rise in cases with Omicron has been very steep in SA and the UK and is going pretty straight up in the US. However, it peaked quickly in both SA and the UK and is declining just as fast. Perhaps it is just running out of susceptible people in those countries due to herd immunity. I can't think of another reason for something that virulent to decline so fast. What are your thoughts?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts