Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I have had the vaccine twice, my wife has not been vaccinated [her doctor insists that she cannot be vaccinated].

Neither of us has had the Rona.
This confirms my assertions that there are people who are unvaccinated due to the recommendations of their doctor. It seems that there is a lot of reference to "the unvaccinated clogging hospital beds" and I have been saying that some people's doctors might tell them not to get vaccinated. My guess is, that if someones doctor told them not to get vaccinated because of the health conditions that their doctor is treating them for, that unfortunately, they probably aren't in a very good position to shake covid off easily.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
This confirms my assertions that there are people who are unvaccinated due to the recommendations of their doctor. It seems that there is a lot of reference to "the unvaccinated clogging hospital beds" and I have been saying that some people's doctors might tell them not to get vaccinated. My guess is, that if someones doctor told them not to get vaccinated because of the health conditions that their doctor is treating them for, that unfortunately, they probably aren't in a very good position to shake covid off easily.
That's not necessarily true. My daughter has problems with Mast cell reactions (not quite full blown MCAS but we never know what she's going to react to) and her doctor thinks it's best if she doesn't get the vaccine for that reason. It's part of a genetic syndrome she has.

Her immune system has historically been excellent for fighting off illnesses (way better than mine, she hardly ever gets sick even when the rest of us are down with something), she just doesn't tend to react well to medications. Oral medications are iffy, injections of any kind are extra scary for us.

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
2,151 Posts
Nope.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
We have had both shots and the booster. A friend came down with it and we got tested just in case. It came back negative,

·
Volvo With a Gun Rack
2,608 Posts
This confirms my assertions that there are people who are unvaccinated due to the recommendations of their doctor.
My GP told me to avoid the shots. He does not think the unknown risks of the shot are worth it for someone who is so very young (64!) and essentially healthy.

I was thinking the same thing, so it was an easy decision.

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
43,262 Posts
I think sweeping assumptions about why folks are declining a novel injection are futile.

·
Registered
718 Posts
About a week ago now, I had a day and part of the night with a case of the "runny-oh-nos..... I thought it had to do with the last of the leftover spaghetti in the fridge...

I've never been tested, but I'm sure there is likely a covid pro noun to cover this type of short term ailment.. It seems virtually everything else has morfed into a covid varient.. Being an old guy, I hope I don't fall and break a hip.. How would they explain that ??

Reactions: farmerDale

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Not yet, but several friends and family currently have it. I live alone in the boonies so less opportunities. Being vaccinated should lessen symptoms and will be glad to get it over with when it does find its way in.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Re-- testing. AMS :: Feature Column :: Does He Have It? : Sensitivity, Specificity, and COVID-19 Testing Pay particular attention to section labelled #2.

With a specificity of 95% and an actual infection rate in the population of 5%, a positve test means you have about a 50:50 chance of actually being infected.

I'd say just a flip a coin and save the expense of the test.

Note-- The smaller the actual infection rate in the population tested, the less likely a positive test means the guy is infected. (section #3. Cf- Bayes' Theorem)

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
16,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
I went out among the untouchables', and mingled with the worst caste of all, those visiting a doctor. I will gestate and gesticulate now.
I have so much vitamin d, ivermectin, zinc, and quercetin in me I don't know if I can get it. At least I shouldn't die.

On Saturday I had a headache that would come and go, but when it came it was severe. Then on Sunday, the headache was back and my nose was stuffed up and running. It was so stuffed up I had to breathe through my mouth. I swabbed my nose every 4 hours with a nasal flush of 1% povidone iodine and by 6 pm Sunday I felt fine and had no more congestion. The povidone kills the virus in the nasal cavity so it really cuts down on replication. I figured no matter what was causing the congestion, povidone would probably kill it.

·
Registered
Acta non verba
1,843 Posts
About a week ago now, I had a day and part of the night with a case of the "runny-oh-nos..... I thought it had to do with the last of the leftover spaghetti in the fridge...

I've never been tested, but I'm sure there is likely a covid pro noun to cover this type of short term ailment.. It seems virtually everything else has morfed into a covid varient.. Being an old guy, I hope I don't fall and break a hip.. How would they explain that ??
My co-worker's husband was positive and she said his main symptom was bathroom trips. So, possible!

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I wouldn't know. Never got tested but soup and sandwiches for 11 days back in September . The family said if I was sick half the country would die!!! They left supplies on the porch... Stationary bike was the best thing for me...

·
Premium Member
2,926 Posts
I don't think I have had it. If I did, there were no significant symptoms. I had what seemed to be a slight cold a month ago but it hardly slowed me down (which was unusual as colds usually hit me hard for a week). My son, who spent Christmas with us, got it a few days after Christmas weekend. I Had one shot only of Moderna and taking my supplements daily.

·
Unapologetically me
21,578 Posts
I was tested 4 times and didn't get the covid until after I got the shot. Test 5 showed me positive, so I got the infusion, a bucket of vitamins and 10 days off work.
Nobody in my daily circle got it except our plant manager, and I'm pretty sure that's where I got it.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Everyone should recognize that testing positive doesn't mean that you currently have the Wuflu. It means you may have had the Wuflu in the last six weeks OR you have it now OR the testing lab is completely contaminated OR the sample taker didn't change gloves in between testing patients. The last one is the almost the most ridiculous part of this, other than cloth masks. Line up to get tested.

Seriously, how many of you would not object if the proctologist used the same glove on the last patient?

Work with me here.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts