Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering who does the Christmas decorating at your homes. Do you wives do it by yourself? Do you do it as a couple or as a family? And who ends up taking everything down after the holidays? Does everyone help or is it just the wife that ends up doing it all?

I usually end up doing it all by myself, putting up and taking down and packing it away. I've asked for help in the past, but usually everyone else had something to do, someplace to go, etc. What about you all?

·
just me
1,770 Posts
If the kids don't help, and I make them start it to be sure they do, there wouldn't be anything going up. I have three trees and enough decorations for the entire house so it is a project that I can't do by myself.

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
Anything involving a ladder or being out on the roof = DH.

Everything else = me.

Although, in years past this has been dictated by the fact that I was the one at home during the day, and got it done. This year, DH is home, too, so we'll see :D

But I'm still not going up a ladder for anyone.

·
Suburban Homesteader
2,558 Posts
DH decorates outside, I decorate inside.

·
Premium Member
4,443 Posts
Been kind of scared to decorate this year. With so many people out of work, I'm afraid burglery will be on the rise and christmas decoration will be an invitation to what's under the christmas tree.

We might just put up a tree only and keep it well away from the window.

·
Premium Member
6,751 Posts
I do all the decorating and a lot of it! DH will help me move and set up the table for my 'village' and help get the tree up--but everything else is ME! It's going to very interesting as to when I actually decorate this yr.. I have the help of a 1yr old!! We may have to put up chain link fencing around the tree LOL!!QB

·
Perpetually curious!
2,749 Posts
I do the decorating. My wife puts on the Christmas music, plays with the kids, and offers me suggestions on where things should go.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
From the time I was about 12, I have been in charge of decorating the family tree.

One year, when my sister and I were discussing Christmas, she said she was so grateful that mom let her decorate the tree after I moved out. I realized I was forcing my young kids to decorate my way, so the next Christmas I started a new tradition. I got out the decorations, made sure the lights were all working, told them it was theirs to decorate and left the room. It was wonderful to come in to see their finished product.

Now the kids are gone, I decorate it myself again. But I don't now how I will reach the top with a broken shoulder. It may look a lot like a kid tree again. Heavy on the bottom ornaments. Maybe I should invite the grandchildren over and give them the decorations.

·
Katie
19,970 Posts
DH does everything on the ladder, then I do everything else outside & inside. No kids here just DH & 2 dogs who know when there stockings go up over the fireplace & check them often. It takes me about a week to do the inside of the house but we both Love the end result & family & friends that come over seem to really enjoy it also so I don't mind doing it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts