Homesteading Forum banner

WHO does not back vaccination passports for now - spokeswoman

2K views 66 replies 22 participants last post by  JeffreyD 
#1 ·
This is a turn of events.

“We as WHO are saying at this stage we would not like to see the vaccination passport as a requirement for entry or exit because we are not certain at this stage that the vaccine prevents transmission,” WHO spokeswoman Margaret Harris said.

“There are all those other questions, apart from the question of discrimination against the people who are not able to have the vaccine for one reason or another,” she told a U.N. news briefing.

Reactions: mreynolds
#3 ·
"because we are not certain at this stage that the vaccine prevents transmission"

Pretty lame excuse. The medical community has had its ups and downs on what is and

what isn't since the beginning of the pandemic..Why? Because its been better to error

on the side of caution...You know what with <5000000 people dead...:rolleyes:

#4 ·
You may be on to something. It might be in a country's best interest to determine who is allowed into their country and check whether they have a communicable disease before they are allowed in. Though, I am not sure I would trust a piece of paper to determine that. Anyway, I digress...

#8 ·
The one thing that the vaccine is purported to do is to protect the individual from having more severe symptoms or even death, thus keeping them out of the hospitals and overwhelming the health care systems. That said, it really makes no sense what this idiotic passport is supposed to prove other than the individual is "protected" (not talking about the breakthrough cases here) from contracting the virus, not from spreading it. It has yet to be shown that the vaccines do prevent the spread, hence why the masks, distancing, etc., are still in place. So in theory, one can still have the passport but could still have exposure to, and possibly even continue to spread, the virus across the continents when flying, albeit these cases would be rare, according to the science.

#16 ·
My reason for skipping the vaccine is the same reason I never buy the first year new model car. Often there are problems with them. I don't think vaccine makers are any different than car makers and neither try to market something defective but stuff happens. It does appear the vaccines are doing what they say they will, prevent deaths from COVID. Deaths are declining in countries with the highest vaccination levels and rising in some others. What the vaccines do long term is unknown at this point. Hopefully nothing harmful.

#18 ·
I suspect that the covid pandemic won't last much beyond this coming summer, which is hardly enough time to roll out a vaccine passport system. Unless the outlook changes between now and end of summer, I think the idea of vaccine passports is pointless.

#23 ·
My response was directed at Nevada's crystal ball and my own belief that this every time someone claims we've turned the corner, somebody moves the corner.

I'm quite certain that what Canadians are being told is no more reliable than anything else we've been told previously. A few variant strains are quickly gaining ground in Canada and I'm sure our nursing homes will become the true test of the vaccine capabilities.

#32 ·
Maybe have a "Vitamin D passport" that certifies that your vitamin D levels are not low. Vitamin D deficiency has been linked to Covid mortality and many other illnesses. It is probably one of the reasons sickness increases in winter months. I am surprised that so little has be said about Vitamin D and other risk factors that we can manage.

Reactions: JeffreyD
#39 ·
So this occurred to me. In the US, if they require everyone to have a vaccine passport and by making it required, ensure everyone of all income brackets, colors, etc can get one -- haven't they just fixed the voter id concern? I'm thinking the mandatory vaccine passport could become the voter id.

#47 ·
Everyone who wants a shot should get one. Everyone who doesn't, shouldn't. Forcing the issue is silly, since the vaccinated will be protected by the Man, and the unvaxxed will go with God. The unvaxxed will be no threat to the vaxxed, since they are protected by the Man.Those who decline the experiment should maybe avoid being intimate with the vaxxed, as it may be as good as getting the vax, at least according to the Pfizer trial recommendations to the volunteers (freeze sperm, avoid sex). The mRNA may be catching.

#48 ·
Everyone who wants a shot should get one. Everyone who doesn't, shouldn't. Forcing the issue is silly, since the vaccinated will be protected by the Man, and the unvaxxed will go with God. The unvaxxed will be no threat to the vaxxed, since they are protected by the Man.Those who decline the experiment should maybe avoid being intimate with the vaxxed, as it may be as good as getting the vax, at least according to the Pfizer trial recommendations to the volunteers (freeze sperm, avoid sex). The mRNA may be catching.
There's a lot to unpack there, and I don't pretend to understand it all, but your central message seems to be that covid vaccine acceptance should go down religious lines. I'm guessing that the idea is to show God that you put your trust in him rather than trusting some Godless vaccine.

I hope that the Christian clergy makes an effort to counsel their members to get vaccinated. It only benefits us all.

#61 ·
9/11 was an inside job, obviously. If you care, you could wonder why WTC 7 fell into its own footprint with a few surface fires. Wonder why the two towers fell into their own footprints also. That's a highly professional demolition job. You could watch interviews with the first responders: is one good example
A new Pearl Harbor for a new millenium. That was the big kick-off. Everything since then has been very explicit trading our freedoms for our security. The covaids has just ramped this up 10X. September, 2000: Section V of Rebuilding America’s Defenses, entitled “Creating Tomorrow’s Dominant Force”, includes the sentence: “Further, the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event––like a new Pearl Harbor” PNAC's "New Pearl Harbor" — ClearNFO

#62 ·
I don't want to get into any conspiracy but that has already been proven from an engineering standpoint.

Also, I would add, I was a firefighter at that time. Motorola was the best game in town. The Icon radios didn't really come out as better until about 2006. This guy is biased and a little political. There should be nothing political about someone dying. Unfortunately, here we are in the new century where everyone that dies is political.

Third, the was absolutely no standard for an emergency of that magnitude for civilian services. After 911 that admin had recommended standards designed for civilian services like police fire and EMS. It still took ten plus years to implement properly.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled program.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.