Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
10,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a turn of events.

“We as WHO are saying at this stage we would not like to see the vaccination passport as a requirement for entry or exit because we are not certain at this stage that the vaccine prevents transmission,” WHO spokeswoman Margaret Harris said.

“There are all those other questions, apart from the question of discrimination against the people who are not able to have the vaccine for one reason or another,” she told a U.N. news briefing.

Reactions: mreynolds

·
Administrator
19,588 Posts
This is a turn of events.

“We as WHO are saying at this stage we would not like to see the vaccination passport as a requirement for entry or exit because we are not certain at this stage that the vaccine prevents transmission,” WHO spokeswoman Margaret Harris said.

“There are all those other questions, apart from the question of discrimination against the people who are not able to have the vaccine for one reason or another,” she told a U.N. news briefing.
I think the discrimination is a given and it would be interesting to hear her opinions on the bullying that goes with it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
"because we are not certain at this stage that the vaccine prevents transmission"

Pretty lame excuse. The medical community has had its ups and downs on what is and

what isn't since the beginning of the pandemic..Why? Because its been better to error

on the side of caution...You know what with <5000000 people dead...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
"because we are not certain at this stage that the vaccine prevents transmission"

Pretty lame excuse. The medical community has had its ups and downs on what is and

what isn't since the beginning of the pandemic..Why? Because its been better to error

You may be on to something. It might be in a country's best interest to determine who is allowed into their country and check whether they have a communicable disease before they are allowed in. Though, I am not sure I would trust a piece of paper to determine that. Anyway, I digress...

·
Registered
15,913 Posts

Yes, lets shut down the border and build a wall until the pandemic is over. Then we can always tear it down after.

You dont want the pandemic to get worse, do you?

·
Unapologetically me
20,982 Posts
We've been lied to so much about this, and the pandemic has been used as a political weapon, why should we trust anything this government and their lackeys tell us?
We shouldn't.

·
Registered
87 Posts
That's what I don't understand, take the covid vaccination, but it doesn't really prevent the covid.... so why would we take it???? and when you take it, you still have to be safe, wear mask and not get around lots of people.....
The one thing that the vaccine is purported to do is to protect the individual from having more severe symptoms or even death, thus keeping them out of the hospitals and overwhelming the health care systems. That said, it really makes no sense what this idiotic passport is supposed to prove other than the individual is "protected" (not talking about the breakthrough cases here) from contracting the virus, not from spreading it. It has yet to be shown that the vaccines do prevent the spread, hence why the masks, distancing, etc., are still in place. So in theory, one can still have the passport but could still have exposure to, and possibly even continue to spread, the virus across the continents when flying, albeit these cases would be rare, according to the science.

·
Registered
321 Posts
That's what I don't understand, take the covid vaccination, but it doesn't really prevent the covid.... so why would we take it???? and when you take it, you still have to be safe, wear mask and not get around lots of people.....
It wards off that pesky ventilator and dying.

·
Registered
21,354 Posts
My message was in reference to why people would get the vaccine, not about the silly passport.

But the same applies. I don't blame anyone who wants the vaccine for getting it. But for me personally, something inside me says to pass on this one. I have relied on my intuition for 74 years and it has served me well. I'm all for freedom for everyone to do whatever they think best and will not look down on anyone or question their decision.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
It wards off that pesky ventilator and dying.
It may decrease the likelihood of severe symptoms and therefore perhaps a hospital stay or death. But the philosophy behind the vaccine passport to "prove" an individual is "safe" to be around because they have been vaccinated but if transmission is still possible then the passport is really nothing but performance theater and perpetuating a false sense of security.

·
Registered
21,354 Posts
My reason for skipping the vaccine is the same reason I never buy the first year new model car. Often there are problems with them. I don't think vaccine makers are any different than car makers and neither try to market something defective but stuff happens. It does appear the vaccines are doing what they say they will, prevent deaths from COVID. Deaths are declining in countries with the highest vaccination levels and rising in some others. What the vaccines do long term is unknown at this point. Hopefully nothing harmful.

·
Voice of Reason
52,492 Posts
I suspect that the covid pandemic won't last much beyond this coming summer, which is hardly enough time to roll out a vaccine passport system. Unless the outlook changes between now and end of summer, I think the idea of vaccine passports is pointless.

·
Administrator
19,588 Posts
I suspect that the covid pandemic won't last much beyond this coming summer, which is hardly enough time to roll out a vaccine passport system. Unless the outlook changes between now and end of summer, I think the idea of vaccine passports is pointless.
Have you been keeping an eye on the variant strains? We've been told that there is a great deal of concern about the current vaccines effectiveness.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts