who do I contact to help my husband

Discussion in 'Home Defense/Guns' started by havellostmywings, Sep 17, 2004.

1. havellostmywings

havellostmywings Well-Known Member

I am dong this with out my husbands knowledge... because he tells me there is nothing he can do...

he served 18.5 good years according to military records... but I have found out, of those 18.5 yrs, 12 of them were in reserve units - he has lied to me about it.. most of his military connected injuries occurred while in reserve units for the army and the air force.

while in the navy he had his left shoulder shot up and has pins in it holding it together... in the reserves he was injured in a training exercise from a helicopter crash.. they have operated on both his knees because of this. Also in the navy on board the Shasta, he had his toes run over by a nuclear missle.. and had to have them reattached.

now.. he only receives 10% disability for all this... and he says the VA will not increase his disability.

Do you know who would fight for him to get this upgraded.. he is having more and more problems getting around.. and i am noticing some other problems.. his mother has alzheimers and I am noticing in him some short term memory problems... I need to find some things out, so if I have to.. I can fight for him

Any info or pointers would be appreciated ...

and no.. he does not receive any pension either.

Lynn in Texas

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Contact your state veterans rep, found in the blue pages of your phone book, or contact any vets agency such as DAV, VFW, or similiar, ask to speak with their reps. It certainly sounds like he should be eligiable for a larger pension/percentage. Plus because the injuries were on active duty adds to your claim. Also seek full medical records which he must request himself. Do be alert in that you have recieved lies about this allready so pay close attention to all that is said.

3. CulturalInfidel

CulturalInfidel Member

Hi Lynn,

The Disabled American Veterans (DAV) were a tremendous help to me.

They tend to carry quite a work load so you must exercise a little patience but in my opinion they are excellent representation. As long as your husband is honest, cooperates with the VA and the injuries are indeed service connected he will be helped both medically and financially.

Here are the phone numbers for all the DAV offices in Texas:

Waco: 254-299-9932

Houston: 713-794-3665

San Antonio: 210-699-2359

Dallas: 214-857-1119 & 214-857-1120

If you choose to call them ask to speak to a Service Officer.

Good Luck to you, Lynn

4. havellostmywings

havellostmywings Well-Known Member

THANK you both
    I will check all these things..

and yes moopups.. i am very cautious about everything said to me ... i only found out that most of his service was reserves by finding his old tax forms.. i am now searching regarding his ex-wives and background..

its not going to be fun i have a feeling.. but.. i have to know the truth..

Lynn in Texas

5. steelman

steelman New Member

Lynn:
    Dont mess around contacting anyone xcept your senators for Texas. I also live in Texas and am a vet also. I know from experience that your senators will get immediate results if you lay out the facts to them.

Good luck