White Christmas or Tropical Cruise? Fun Poll

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by patnewmex, Dec 24, 2006.

Would you trade in your traditional White Christmas for a Tropical Cruise?

1. I'd never trade my traditional White Xmas in a billion years!

2. Tropical Cruise? Sign me up! And give me and give me an umbrella drink fast!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. patnewmex

patnewmex Jane of all trades

Let's say for the sake of making the choice one of preferences and/or principles, that this "choice" cost you no money. Would you rather have a traditional "White" Christmas complete with ooodles of snow, a warm cabin, stuff baking and cooking with good smells all around. Kids to open presents, and a real live chopping down of a Christmas tree, the WORKS.

Or

A tropical cruise, all paid for, but no "traditional" Christmas as described above?

Since my aunt and uncle and cousins traditionally take a triopcal cruise, I have yet to feel one ounce of jelousy because I want my traditional Christmas. (Not that I could afford a cruise!) But it got me to thinking who would trade and who would not. Just for FUN so try and keep it all nice and Christmassy!

Pat

2. Kris W.

Kris W. unregistered user

3. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

Oh tropical cruise in a hearbeat. Preferably Curacao!

donsgal

4. Wags

Wags Well-Known Member Supporter

Cruise - but then I don't celebrate christmas. :)

5. fitwind

fitwind Well-Known Member

I don't know I like my traditional Christmas alot, but a cruise would be nice..... I know how I would want it a traditional Christmas and one of the presents under the tree was the cruise (that I could gtake the day after) hahaha

6. Lisa in WA

Lisa in WA Well-Known Member Supporter

What you sescribed as a white Christmas is exactly what we have and I love it. We used to have green Christmases in Arizona and I really didn't like it. As for a cruise...I wouldn't ever choose that. It isn't what we like to do.

7. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

white snow
    x country ski
    snowshoe
    ice fishing
    snowmobilling

no tropics for me, or that interested in cruises. I'll 'cruise' on the snow trails.

8. halfpint

halfpint Well-Known Member Supporter

Considering I've never had a white Christmas here in Alabama, my family would probably choose the White Christmas. They are asking if we can spend a Christmas on a ski trip sometime, so it's not a hard choice for us.

Dawn

9. bare

bare Head Muderator

I've never experienced anything other than white Christmas's so I'm takin' the cruise!

10. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

Absolutely NOT going on a cruise with the diseases and crime they've been having.

Heck, I'll take a soggy and semi-warm South Texas Christmas over that!!

Happy Holidays!

Rose

11. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

I am no longer a fan of snow, but in view of airline hassles/flying and all of the passengers that seem to get sick on cruises, I'd opt for the white Christmas instead.

Somewhat of a white Christmas here with heavy frost each morning.

12. elliemaeg

elliemaeg Well-Known Member Supporter

After this evening, I would take the white Christmas. We were going to wait til Thursday when the family could all be together to do our Christmas party. I realized this afternoon that it just isn't the same without our loved ones. I called my sons and asked them to come over and bring the Grands. We will just do it all over Thursday after the others arrived.
    I have spent the month wishing for a cruise. If I had my choice it would be warm and cozy with family instead.

13. HermitJohn

HermitJohn Well-Known Member

Lets see a choice of snow and ice OR being trapped on high seas with a boat load of people with diarrea. How about just shooting me now?

Make it a trip to Fiji or some tropical place not totally touristy (is there such a place) and without crazy wannabe revolutionaries thinking every American is a multi-billionaire and worth kidnapping. I would choose that.

14. patnewmex

patnewmex Jane of all trades

me, myself and I, we'd choose the white Christmas. Never saw the attraction of a cruise, and happily say I'll never choose that in a bazillion years. :)

Hoping everyone has a perfect day.

15. floramum

floramum Well-Known Member

Lived In Florida Forever. Would Not Choose A Cruise.. Would Love A White Christmas. Right Now Had To Run The Bedroom Air.cond. All Night.

16. PyroDon

PyroDon Well-Known Member

Don't really want a cruise but I have a different definition of a white Christmas
    Mine involves a white sand beach , waves lapping up ,sunshine and 80+ degrees
    toss a few lights in a palm tree and Im set to go

17. bare

bare Head Muderator

What we oughta do is a swap. One of you that truly wants a real white Christmas buy me a cruise ticket and in return you can come stay at my place and feed the woodstove!

18. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

Iraq casualties
    2,947 American deaths to date in Iraq
    22,329 Americans wounded in action to date (your guess how many have died since and been uncounted)
    $370,000,000,000 to date

Bare, any chance you would also include the number of Iraqui lives and others that have been saved as a result of intervention? Seems Sadam, his sons, and henchmen were killing tens of thousands each year.

Of course there is no way to count what may have been. Just yanking your chain a little since you are yanking ours. Too bad anyone has been killed by anyone.

19. bare

bare Head Muderator

Funny you should mention that Windy. Today seems like an appropriate time to give a thought to all those families that can't share this Christmas day with their loved ones.

20. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 Well-Known Member

Since a White Christmas is something we very rarely see around here I would take it in a heartbeat. Today it is just pouring down rain and looks muddy and messy.