Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas for what to do with the beasties? My cousin who recently died was a pastry chef so I managed to inherit a few pounds of white chocolate chips. I don't even know if they are still good - he'd been sick for a number of months. I don't much care for white chocolate. Any ideas on what to do with them?

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
39,095 Posts
You can use them to make cookies, like regular choc chips. Then give the cookies to your postman, the feed store folks, etc.

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
Use them half and half with dark chocolate chips in chocolate chip cookies.

You can melt them and drizzle them on top of a plain chocolate cake.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I like to throw a handful in a batch of brownies for a little visual interest and flavor surprise. I use about 6 oz in a 9x13 pan of brownies.

They are also wonderful with macadamia nuts--just use a chocolate chip cookie recipe but use the white chips instead of semi-sweet, and add some macadamias.

Now I'm hungry.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
buy the little pretzel shaped pretzels.
drop some white melted chips into the holes in the pretzel on waxed paper.
put a green m&m in one of the spaces on top of the white chocolate.
(yellow ones too)
let cool until solid.
They look like fried eggs on ham.
Miniature Green Eggs and Ham!

I see dead peoples food.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
longshadowfarms - Using the Nestle's Chocolate recipe for "Toll House Cookies" substitute white chocolate chips for the chocolate chips, and macadania nuts for the walnuts. But the in crush proof box and check p.m.s for my mailing address.

Don't like that idea? Send me the white chocolate and I'll make the cookies and send you back 1/2?

Hugs,
Marlene

·
gracie88
913 Posts
We make oatmeal cookies with white chocolate chips and dried cranberries instead of chocolate chips and raisins sometimes.

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Take Ritz crackers spread peanutbutter between then dip them in the melted white chocolate. Delicous.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
I copied a recipe from online for Blueberry Sour Cream White Chocolate Muffins. Haven't made it yet, though, but I want to. I'll bet you can find lots of recipes online if you have some time to look. I usually lose track of time when I do that, though!

Jennifer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts