Homesteading Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

Registered
Jim Beam Black is a low cost very good quality sipping whiskey. A guy I know told me about it last year and I liked it. I went to get a bottle this past weekend and it was sold out. Went to 4 different stores and all sold out. I appears I aint the only one that likes it. Each shop said there will be no more until next year because they didnt make enough for the demand. Taste like a 100 dollar bottle. So I got Woodford instead because that was my preference before I found the Black.

Registered
Discussion Starter #63
Jim Beam Black is a low cost very good quality sipping whiskey. A guy I know told me about it last year and I liked it. I went to get a bottle this past weekend and it was sold out. Went to 4 different stores and all sold out. I appears I aint the only one that likes it. Each shop said there will be no more until next year because they didnt make enough for the demand. Taste like a 100 dollar bottle. So I got Woodford instead because that was my preference before I found the Black.
Jim Beam is a very underappreciated whiskey.

Did you get the double oaked?

Reactions: mreynolds

Registered
The good stuff is wasted on me because I generally only use whiskey to water down my coke.
If you happen to like whiskey & coke, I recommend Legacy.
Its not quite as smooth as Pendleton but still has that sweet Canadian blend taste.

I did receive a bottle of Basil Hayden recently so I will give it a try.

Registered
Discussion Starter #67
I like it on ice

Registered
The good stuff is wasted on me because I generally only use whiskey to water down my coke.
If you happen to like whiskey & coke, I recommend Legacy.
Its not quite as smooth as Pendleton but still has that sweet Canadian blend taste.

I did receive a bottle of Basil Hayden recently so I will give it a try.
I asked for a whiskey and Coke once at a bar. The bartender asked me what was wrong with the whiskey that I had to water it down.

Registered
Discussion Starter #69
Me and a couple of friends were regulars at a place across the street. One of my friends was a raging alcoholic, but that is another story. He drank Jack Daniels, even named his son Jack. We were accompanied by an out of towner one day. The out of towner said that was the biggest Jack and Coke he ever saw. My other friend said , "It is, especially considering there is no Coke in it.".

Registered
Big fan of Del Bac Classic. One of only a couple distilleries that ages in mesquite barrels.

Received a bottle of Japanese whiskey as a gift and was pleasantly surprised by how smooth and flavorful it is:

0105212317.jpg

Registered
I'm a water it down with Coke as well.

Whiskey, Rum, Spiced Rum, Cognac, chocolate vodka....

All better with Coke.

Maker's and Coke and Asbach Uralt and Coke are my two favorites.

Registered
Buying land, figuring out how to live on it.
As I posted earlier, I received a bottle of Basil Hayden and tried it out tonight.... it tastes just like a bag of peat moss smells.
Don't start on any highlands Scotch, then. Most Basil is pretty mild stuff. I keep a bottle of that around.

Knob Creek used to be low-key but is getting found out. A lot of people only know their regs, but they have a single barrel reserve that is awesome. Tougher to find now, but it's a 9yo 120 proof. They run $50 at most big box retailers but it's worth it.

My best under $40 is Four Roses small batch. Their single barrel select gets pricy.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts