Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
30,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure of you have some private suppliers, and private stock. Beyond that, are you a fan of some brand?

Whiskey can get expensive.

I like this.

·
Registered
30,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A good whiskey vid

·
Registered
30,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
or this?

·
Registered
30,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
Have not seen one on this thread that I would turn my nose up at.
Basil Hayden and Traverse City Whisky are my current favorites, but there is lots of good whiskey out there.

·
Registered
30,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have not seen one on this thread that I would turn my nose up at.
Basil Hayden and Traverse City Whisky are my current favorites, but there is lots of good whiskey out there.
Seeing where you are from:

Lawrenceburg, Indiana (not to be confused with bourbon-locale Lawrenceburg, Kentucky) is home to a massive brick complex that cranks out mega-industrial quantities of beverage-grade alcohol. The factory, once a Seagram distillery, has changed hands over the decades and was most recently acquired by food-ingredient corporation MGP. It is now a one-stop shop for marketers who want to bottle their own brands of spirits without having to distill the product themselves. MGP sells them bulk vodka and gin, as well as a large selection of whiskies, including bourbons of varying recipes, wheat whiskey, corn whiskey, and rye.

Your ‘Craft’ Whiskey Is Probably From a Factory Distillery in Indiana
https://www.thedailybeast.com/your-craft-whiskey-is-probably-from-a-factory-distillery-in-indiana

·
Banned
16,491 Posts

I'm surprised and a little disappointed in y'all, considering the recent holiday and everything.
:p

·
Registered
30,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
WT 101 is another standard.

·
Registered
30,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Law
“Section 35(e) of Regulations No. 5 provides that labels of whisky and straight whisky shall disclose the State of distillation of such whisky, if such whisky is not distilled in the State given in the address on the label. This section further provides that the brand label shall show the State of distillation in all cases where the Assistant Regional Commissioner finds that without such statement the label is misleading as to the State of actual distillation.” View Regs

1 - 20 of 75 Posts