While some are arguing about hijacked threads, others are making a difference...

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Boleyz, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Boleyz

Boleyz Prognosticator, Artist

It's funny how we spend so much time arguing and so little time doing things that matter. The thread about the S has HTF by Kenneth in NC should be read by everyone.

At least on that thread, people are making a difference. Looks like a fund is starting to make sure Kenneth gets his meds through a difficult financial time.

Read the Thread and see for yourself...that's what neighbors should do...

ZYG...PM Me As well!

2. Lindafisk

Lindafisk Well-Known Member

:clap: :grouphug:

3. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

PM is sent with info.
    Angie

(ZYG not on right now)

Angie

4. BamaSuzy

BamaSuzy Well-Known Member

I do not want to argue with anyone.

I simply posted a thread asking for natural treatments for Hep C...Believe me, I don't mind somebody posting what they believe...I am a newspaper editor and certainly believe in FREE SPEECH (having been in journalism for more than 30 years) BUT when someone asks a question seeking specific answers, someone else shouldn't come on that thread and cut down everyone else's answers....and that's what happened when my thread was hijacked...

I have been a COUNTRYSIDE and BACKWOODS HOME subscriber since 1990. I have been active on the old COUNTRYSIDE forum and then this forum basically since they began.

Rudeness should not be tolerated by anyone. And it's hard to ignore someone when they constantly jump in when they've been asked not to.

This is a public forum but you would think people would use common sense and courtesy...

We are concerned about our 35 year old adult daughter and she and I are researching everything we can find on her disease....She and I are both extremely well educated and we don't need others flaunting their educational beliefs as the hijacker did...

We asked for one kind of information and that is the infomation we are still seeking.

I have tried to be active on both forums that I am a member of, giving advice when I can on goats, soapmaking, and other things that I have experience with. But I will not ever tell anyone they don't know what they are doing and lamblast them because they are trying things I don't agree with or believe...

I have read the thread on the SHTF in the life of one of our other forum members and although we can't send any financial help, we posted a positive message on that thread and have been remembering them in our prayers every day.

When both these forums were begun, it was a group of folks helping each other with homestead issues and ideas....not folks who argue and become antagonistic....HELPING each other is what these forums were begun for, not criticizing each other.

5. Qwispea

Qwispea Well-Known Member

Yes Boleyz ..that is what neighbors do ..help each other.

For the so-called 'hijacker' ..I think BobK is really trying to help in the home-remedy thread. He apparently has suffered himself from the HVC medical condition ..and sincerely views it as a matter of life & death. He seems to portray the attitude that it is impossible for him to just shut-up when a person's life might be on the line.

But BamaSuzy ..No need to argue ..if the person is offending you ..there is always the ignore feature ..even if only a 'mental' reminder to just skip beyond his posts. I give only a meaningless glance to posts from many folks ..(whom I will leave nameless). Remember ..you're looking for a specific kind of help ..so just concentrate on the ones who provide the answers you're looking for ..and drop the rest like a hot branding iron.

But concering the health and well-being of "Kenneth in NC" ..I sure hope we're making a positive difference!

6. MorrisonCorner

MorrisonCorner Mansfield, VT for 200 yrs

Hey, I asked to be PM'd too... and no PM. Was I overlooked or is it one of those VT things again? I assure you the last time we minted our own coin was in 1791, and the pieces are quite rare. And valuable. So were I to send Republic of Vermont currancy it would be worth a fair chunck of change.

Unfortunately... I don't have Republic of Vermont coin... only US greenbacks. Sorry, those will have to do.

7. Fla Gal

Fla Gal Bunny Poo Monger Supporter

MC, i pm'd you.

8. QBVII

QBVII Well-Known Member

That was kind of my attitude when we had the intentional community threads going, but people kept jumping onto them criticizing everything we were trying to discuss.
    So the thread about HepC isn't the FIRST time this has happened here.

9. FourDeuce

FourDeuce Five of Seven Supporter

Boley started this thread because he wished to point out how sometimes good things happen because of a thread, which is a good thing unstead of, in his impinion wasting time complaining about thread highjackings...mentions the highjacked thread where Bob felt it was more important to get his point across about the importance of being under a doctors care with Hep C (even after BamaSuzy has mentioned several times that her daughter is under a doctors care)she just wants some natural remedy suggestions, then it is for him (Bob) to shut up about it on BamaSuzy;s thread. BamaSuzy has unintentionally hijacket Bozely's thread to post for atleast the third time (she has two threads on the topic) about her daughter's Hep C, natural remedies and why she started the two other threads on the same topic. One to asks for help, which she felt was hijacked by Bob so she started another one....Then Morrisoncorner hijacked Boley's thread to asks about the KennethNC thread and Fla Gal responded.

Is there a prize for keeping all this straight?

10. Westwood

Westwood Well-Known Member

Fourduce, yup. I trust good people. The ones who don't, ---- 'em. Sheesh. Ya'll be there for us?

11. Westwood

Westwood Well-Known Member

Noah, it's a "meanwhile, back at the ranch." All's well if Noah well, here we go.

12. Big Dave

Big Dave Well-Known Member

I thought about posting this before I did it. My youngest asked for help on his show chickens and was told by some one not to ask those questions on here. This site is for homesteaders??? His chickens ars twenty weeks old now and he just told me this last night. YEP bunh of insesitive ruddies? Nay just people that have computers rather than ???? well if nothing good to say
    There is a lot of useful info on here. Do most of my posting if I have a question about some thing.
    TRUTH & MERCY Big Dave

13. ladycat

ladycat Chicken Mafioso Staff Member

Did you post on the poultry forum? We'd be happy to help you with your chicken questions there. :)

14. edcopp

edcopp Well-Known Member

Who knows? You are pretty far north, and may have been oberlooked for the PM about Kenneth from NC.

I just sent it to you. :)

15. AngieM2

AngieM2 Big Front Porch advocate

Glad someone got her the address....

All of us doing the sending must have missed the post. Sorry MC, not intentional.

Angie

16. Boleyz

Boleyz Prognosticator, Artist

NOW can we make nice? :)