While on vacation...

Discussion in 'Goats' started by birdie_poo, Jan 2, 2007.

1. birdie_poo

birdie_poo Well-Known Member

Our goat, Molly, died.

We had no choice but to laugh about it because our neighbor made such a big stink about not wanting anything to die while we were gone, and then one of the larges animals we have went and died on her.

Luckily we had someone who owed us big-time and he picked her up and drove her to Julian to the Wolf Center. They said she was the biggest goat they had ever seen!

Anyway, I enjoyed the little bit of talking and lots of advise from you all here. No more goats, though, so I'm going to say TAH! See you on the poultry forum, I guess.

2. christij

christij Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about Molly.....

3. Hip_Shot_Hanna

Hip_Shot_Hanna Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about Molly. Also feel very sympathetic towards your neighbor, I'd be horrified!

4. Nancy_in_GA

Nancy_in_GA Well-Known Member

Forty years ago (yes 40) we were looking after my cousin's cat while they were gone and it got killed by a boxer. Sometimes I STILL think about that cat and feel bad.

I'm sorry about Molly.

5. Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians

Vicki McGaugh TX Nubians Well-Known Member

You also don't want me watching your goats! With a very expensive buck on lease here he got hit about 4 weeks into his 2 year lease by lightening...I was soo horrified I had my vet come out and take photos for me and write me out a diagosis necropsy!

Watching a small herd of does, one in milk and 2 who were supposed to be unbred for friends of mine, one kidded and pawed her kid into the ground two days after she arrived, the other had this horrifically huge kid with this big head, by the time I figured out what was wrong it was way beyond C section time, had to cut the kid apart to get it out, she came home to 3 milkers instead of 1!!! And the phone calls she got from me during her vacation were not exactly relaxing her vacation time. We laugh about it now and the does went on to kid succesffully, just not here without due dates! vicki

6. Idahoe

Idahoe Menagerie More~on

Now *THAT* is a nightmare.