Homesteading Forum banner

Which vitamin is the best?

372 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Becca65 
#1 ·
What kind of vitamin is good to help build the immune system? Or what would someone recomend? I've been sick on and off since the end of Nov and this time I got the cough you wouldn't believe, been running a fever, taking antibiotics now, I would have to quit my job to get away from all the germs that come in there.. I just don't know what to do anymore, after my inlaws passed away i think we were all run down around here and we seem to be catching everything thats going around. :(
Any suggestions?

#2 ·
My overall cure everything formula is as follows: Take a coffee mug of V8, pour it into a small pot, add a clove of garlic that has been cut into 3 or 4 pieces. Simmer this for about 10 minutes. Pour it all back in the mug, drink the V8, eat the garlic. do this every 3 or 4 hours. The tomato in the V8 will take the sting out of the garlic. Eat many small meals (6 or 8 a day), drink fluids, rest a lot but take a brisk 10 to 15 minute walk every day. A couple days of this will cure most anything. Vitamins A,D,E,C, B complex and Zinc help also. Drink lots of lemon tea because it tastes good.

#5 ·
echinachea is what I use for immune building. But I make my own tincture. I think there are a lot of echinachea products on the market though. I don't really think of vitamins when considering immune building. Just try to de-stress, and eat your vegetables!

#6 ·
Doctors, health experts and anyone with a passing knowledge of the body will tell you, and rightly so, that anything other than a multi-vitamin or vitamin C goes right out the backdoor. People generally don't realize they already get most of their daily allotments in what they eat even if they don't always feel well. If you get sick a lot, that is a much higher indicator there's something wrong with your immune system than needing vitamins.

#7 ·
Doctors, health experts and anyone with a passing knowledge of the body will tell you, and rightly so, that anything other than a multi-vitamin or vitamin C goes right out the backdoor. People generally don't realize they already get most of their daily allotments in what they eat even if they don't always feel well. If you get sick a lot, that is a much higher indicator there's something wrong with your immune system than needing vitamins.
True, I just need something to get me better and stay feeling good, I think the other poster was right though when they said grief has alot to do with the immune system and stress, well i've had both since Nov and I work at a doctors office and if the immune system is down of course i'm going to pick up everything that comes through, I had years i didn't pick up anything. I have a 2nd grader also, you know how they are. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.