Which Insect Borne Disease do you think is most prevanent?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by moonwolf, Mar 12, 2005.

1. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

2. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

malaria is a very viscous disease .it was present in our part of ont. in the early settlment of the area and the building of the rideau canal.many cemetarys filled with victums . our father contracted malaria in 1972 while in india and still suffers from its effects at times

3. Mudwoman

Mudwoman Well-Known Member

My mother had malaria as a child living in the swamps of Georgia. She has B Pos blood, which is rare and can't donate because of the malaria. Stays with you for life.

4. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

I've heard that the Willamette Valley here in Oregon had malaria when the first settlers came. They drained the swampland for farmland, and that got rid of the malaria, I guess.

Kathleen

5. ibcnya

ibcnya Well-Known Member

Having spent most of my adult life in the military and half of that overseas with many trips to third world countries, Malaria is always a real threat if not taken seriously. A pill a day (doxycycline 100mg) was suppose to do the job. After 4 months of the stuff, my gut couldn't handle it anymore so they put me on Meflaquine which was a pill a week. Now I hear that the Meflaquine has caused some serious side effects in G.I.'s. Makes me wonder for sure....