Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been looking at the LEM grinder's and then we saw a Sportsman grinder today. I am wondering if anyone has any experience with either of these, we are looking at the 1HP. The LEM's are more expensive and I don't mind putting out more money for better quality, but if one is just as good as the other I would rather go cheaper. Thanks.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Are the Same Baere good ones?

·
country friend
175 Posts
Hi I think the lem grinders are great but a one horse model seems to be to big for most homestead use . We have the three quater model and that dos a great job. the lem warehouse is in Harrison Ohio and it only takes me about a half hour to get there . Look them up online they have there phone number on web. site . give them a call and ask questions and have them send you a catalog.
Indiana Country Friend Jack

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm so sorry, meat grinder. We have an old Stimpson but it breaks down now more often then it grinds and it is sooo heavy. We get the lem catalogs. We do a good bit of butchering, this year we are gonna have 5 hogs, a few sheep and we usually do several deer a year, so we really need something that is gonna hold up and last and not take forever to grind.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
We have a 1hp meat grinder from cabelas and just love the way it works. We grind a couple hundred pounds of venison every year. We also use it to stuff our brats and Italian sausages.

brownegg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts