Homesteading Forum banner

Which goat health book do you like best?

• The Goatkeeper’s Veterinary Book by Peter Dunn.

• Goat Medicine by Mary C. Smith and David M. Sherman

• Sheep & Goat Medicine by D.G. Pugh

• Other

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Student of goatology.
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering for those that have them which one do you think is most complete?

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
But to be honest I haven't looked at alot of books since getting my Goat Medicine. I think a good internet site where you can have a relationship with those who have the same goals and breed as yours is better than any book, when you are new, if you don't have a good local goat club. The value of Goat Medicine when you have done it awhile comes in the bibliography and reading the tests for yourself to see how they really become applicable for your goats and your area. Vicki

·
Student of goatology.
3,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vicki, funny you should say that because I almost put that as another optional choice - "Don't need books when we have experienced goat people on the forums". It all comes together so nicely though!:goodjob:
Oh and I love the forums but I'm glad I bought the Goat Medicine book anyway!

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
Goat Medicine is a good book. I do have to add that I learned most of what I know about caring for my goats from the woman who got me started in them. We refer to that text, but nothing beats hands on training. I also appreciate what I read on the dairy goat forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts