Service

or
Grant's Organic
Gardening & Landscaping
Service

·
Registered
85 Posts
Depends. If you are advertising that you have an organic garden, plus offering landscaping services, then it is the first. If you are advertising services for both gardening and landscaping, it would be the second.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well, I agree with Soni.
But, dropping the "landscape", "Grant's Organic Garden Service" sound fine.

Do you have to have the ing on either word?

Having it (ing) on both is awkward on the tongue.

I think that "Grant's Organic Garden and Landscape Service" sound okay.

Or, "landscape and garden"

Hairsplitting, I know, but you asked!

Michelle

U

·
0 Posts
Grant's Organic
Gardens & Landscaping

I think that's vague enough that if I saw it in the phone book I would call whether I wanted produce, an organic garden built or my lawn mowed. I don't like the word "service", when I say it in my head I like it better without that word. If you use that as your "name" and build a logo around it you can always get more indepth below it on your business cards, flyers or any ads you may run. Using your logo and then stating your various services below it.
Anyhow I like reading Grant's Organic (and on the line below) Gardens & Landscaping. It firmly implants the Organic message then follows with your two main services. Using the word service only states the obvious.
Good luck with your new business!!!

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
I read it quickly and thought the first was gardening and landscape service, subconciously adding the "ing" anyhow. I assumed you were offering to plant gardens and do landscaping using organic techniques. If that's right I'll vote for the second string.

U

·
0 Posts
Unless you are doing custom garden work leave the ing off of garden.. It is a forgone conclusion that landscape service is a custom opperation, so you could drop the ing there also but it would be fine either way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts