Where to purchase a milking pail?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by MillsFarmFamily, Jan 5, 2006.

1. MillsFarmFamily

MillsFarmFamily Well-Known Member

Where can I find a stainless steel milking pail (seamless)? I usually get all of my supplies from jeffers, but can't seem to find one there. Is there somewhere else that would be good for a pail?

2. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

I use stock pot....I think Northern tool has them on sale right now for $17 I saw in the clearence catalog.

3. Jillis

Jillis Well-Known Member

4. gryndlgoat

gryndlgoat Well-Known Member

I use a stock pot too- I love it for the big opening and wide flat bottom (tough to tip over) and for the lid and double handles (makes carrying from the barn without spilling way easier). Seamless and easy to wash, and cost me $12 on sale at the local hardware. I think mine is a 12 quart.

5. Gailann Schrader

Gailann Schrader Green Woman

Target. Around $20, but not heavy built. I've had mine for 4 years with no problems.

6. mary,tx

mary,tx Well-Known Member Supporter

I got mine from Caprine Supply, but I've never used it. While I was waiting for it to come, I got into the habit of milking into jars, and never changed. lol.

7. crazygoatgirl

crazygoatgirl Well-Known Member

I sell milk buckets through my supply company...they are not listed on the site...email me for details....m-ssupply@m-ssupply.com

8. homebirtha

homebirtha Well-Known Member

Caprine Supply and Hoeggers. I like the Hoegger ones better. Keep an eye out for their sales. Sometimes they'll have damaged ones for a good price. I got a big 13 qt tote for 1/2 price because it had a small dent in the side. Works great.

9. oberhaslikid

oberhaslikid Well-Known Member Supporter

I got mine on Ebay they were too big so, I then went and found a 4quart one in the dog section at Tractor Supply.I found a plastic lid that fits on it and its great.